Tank Journal Archive

chrisg_75

May 28, 2013
Newcastle
Small Update and Question
No major changes at the moment.

Shuffled a couple of things around including the zoas up higher to see if more light helps. Still not doing well...:banghead

Here is FTS
ai1300.photobucket.com_albums_ag97_Chrisg_75_Marine_20Reef_9ECff3139ccf83df8c68167258a100c163c.jpg

One good thing is that the fire tail Goby is now overcoming his shyness and is out and about a lot more.

If you have seen any of my previous ones relating to my green coral goby, still MIA. Haven't really seen him for good couple of weeks now. Don't even know where his hiding spot is any more. Water parameters seem to be going ok.

Should I go looking for him ? Would mean a bit of a re scape to move rocks around etc but at least I would know if he is still alive or not. I'm guessing if he was dead there might be a spike of something in my parameters ????? Anyone confirm this ?

Other than zoas and green Coral goby, everything appears to be going ok.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
While my tank is bigger I lost a large angel, never found the body. Parameters didn't change at all. Depends on a few things.

To me it is not worth the hassel, depends if it is for you. If he is hiding he will likely just hide again

chrisg_75

May 28, 2013
Newcastle
yeah ok. I guess i was thinking more long the lines of well if he is dead then I would like to replace him as we no longer have the dotty back to hassle new comers so hopefully might be a more pleasant first experience. Understand about the hassle lol

chrisg_75

May 28, 2013
Newcastle
I have also just got some Reef Roids t start feeding the corals so looking forward to seeing if it helps or changes the corals that are in there at all and if so how long it might take.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I lost a tang in mine the day after I put it in the tank, no changes in conditions so clean up crew did their job well and fast. I wouldn't take everything out to look for it, if it hasn't been out for a couple of weeks I don't think it is still around but maybe give it an extra week just to make sure?

chrisg_75

May 28, 2013
Newcastle
Been quite a while now so I think I am safe to assume he is gone!

Might look to get a yellow coral/clown goby instead of green this time and hopefully he will get a better reception now the dotty back is gone.

See how we go....