Tank Journal Archive

Small Update & New Additions
Hello,

Santa delivered a new fish and a coral for Christmas, the new tang is in the QT tank with one of my current tangs (thanks to Dave at Deer Park, one treatment and he is looking up). Not great timing however it looks like everyone will be fine.

I love the new coral, opened up within minutes of going into the display tank and it looks great.

I've also added two sand sifting sea stars to my display tank and changed the set up in sump slightly so it now holds 400 litres instead of 200 litres. When we set it up we were concerned about give in the sump and didn't want anything to flood, we've tested it and in the end we just allowed far too much give. So ten minutes at bunnings, ten minutes in the garage and we have extended the baffles and now we have a 400 litre sump.

I also now have a Sleeper Gold Head Goby in my QT tank. I was at Coburg yesterday and they had him in a sand free tank (and have had him in it for a few weeks from talking to guys with no intention of changing that). I've put in live sand from the main tank, a pod condo from my sump to try and get him to eat. Not sure that I will be able to save him however I'll give it a go.

Attachments

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
It amazes me the difference in care between those two aquarium stores. I love Dave's attention to detail and his honestly.
Bell st only concern is a sale.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Nice new additions mate! :) Dave's fish care is second to none!
If you ever see and unruly bearded redhead at Dave's come say hello!