Tank Journal Archive

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Small Update, New Fish.
I haven't had a new fish for a while now. I wanted the Copperband and the Moorish Idol to settle in properly and they are both now fat and happy.

I originally wanted a Kole Tang but I read too many stories about them being super aggressive so I looked for something else and decided to get a Two Spot Tang. It took me a while to find a small one, they don't seem to be the most common fish around.

So it came out of quarantine today. It never showed any signs of disease or illness and it has been very active since day one.
It has only been in my tank since this afternoon and looks to have settled in very well and already found a cave to defend.

twinspot2 310814.jpg
twinspot3 310814.jpg

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
Ah, I picked one of those up last week. Brilliant algae eaters, mine leaves the green stuff alone and has targeted the red algaes. Our LFS calls them bristletooth tangs though.

Very nice. I have Kole tang, he is such a girl. He'd run away from his own shadow. I have to admit I was very concerned when I first added him however he was the last one to go in.