Reef Discussion

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Smallest fish
Hey everyone,

I am not completely sure if my new tank will have fish or not, but just in case I decide to put fish in it, what would the smallest fish I can get in Australia be? I want tiny tiny tiny, just to have some sort of movement in the tank (maybe).

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
id say the only fish you could put in that would be a yellow coral goby. but even then its a rather small tank how many litres can it hold? i had a coral goby in a 10l untill it jumped out!

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I have never seen anything smaller than a yellow coral goby - they only grow to about 3.5cm. Neon tetra's grow to about 3cm ;)

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
I am still of the opinion that sexi shrimp and a few rics/zoos would be great. Sexy shrimp are very interactive, stay small and are very active. These combines with a little yellow coral gobie would be great. Under actinic lights these shrimp GLOW!!! The interesting thing about these shrimp is that they hold the abdomon abover their heats (like a scorpion does its sting) and they wave it back and forth. Thus their alternative name of dancing shrimp. A video of these shrimp in action that I found on the net is provided below.