Tank Journal Archive

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
Snail Spawn
So, I just witnessed my paper snails spawing. All 21 of them! (That I could see) At the same time! I thought I only had 3 or 4.
All corals have shown a great feeding response and the six line, coral beauty and chromis are going mental having desert. Skimmer is going nuts aswell.
I have only seen these sorts of happennings since I got moonlighting. Wether it is cause of the lights or because I can see whats going on after the lights go "blue" I am not sure.

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
Na, I panicked. Only had the phone on hand and under blues the pics are too crappy to tell whats, what. From what I have heard they normally spawn a couple of nights running so have the video on standby.

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
I noticed a whole bunch of "coraline" growing on my glass which is unusual as I clean it every few days. However, on closer inspection it started moving! I am pretty sure I may have some baby snails! See those teeny tiny blury specks? (Sorry Iphone pic) those are them!!
20141202_182854.jpg

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
First dibs on excess numbers!
Congratulations....
Only happened in freshwater for my snails . Culled thousands over the years.
Dare say would never cull a saltwater snail.... What's up with that double standard.