Tank Journal Archive

Matt_95

Dec 16, 2013
Snowflakes!
I stopped by today to get a pair of snowflakes from Peter at Photo Flakes Clownfish, he is an amazing bloke and his fish are really something. I originally got a pair from him back in Febuary, however they jumped out the first night I had them. I let Peter know and he offered me another pair when my tank was more secure. He is certainly one fantastic guy. These guys won't be in here permanently, I will either be upgrading this tank, or moving them to my larger set up when they've put on some size and it's stable, I don't want anything to happen to these guys. I don't have any of my own pictures yet, but I found this picture of one if my fish in their Facebook page. I absolutely recommend them for anyone considering purchasing some designer clowns.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
love these clowns, tried to get some but they never got back to me on shipping. Found some rippers locally in the end anyway.

Enjoy the lovely specimens!!!

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Hey, are you able to link meor drop the phone number or anything...id love to get some of these

Miller

Dec 4, 2012
traralgon
I bought this pair
Just waiting for my new small tank to arrive and then will have them sent down to me
These guys have some great looking clowns image.jpg image.jpg
Can't wait

Matt_95

Dec 16, 2013
I was checking that pair out! They were very nice, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised, the pictures don't do them justice, the colours are much more saturated. I couldn't get a good picture, but this is what the colours are like.

Attachments

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Hard to tell from the pics, but do they have a good 'shape'? Head, jaw etc? I know it can be difficult to breed towards this kind of colouration while still maintaining the proper clownfish features.

Great colours though, nice to have these available in Aus.

Matt_95

Dec 16, 2013
Yep, you can pick from any of them.

They don't have any deformities, most of them were very well formed, and any that were deformed were culled. Only one parent was a snowflake as well, the other was a Darwin occelaris so inbreeding wouldn't be a problem I think.

Matt_95

Dec 16, 2013
Oh wow, I'll have to look into that, is it available here?

These guys will never be that bright, one of their parents is a Darwin occelaris, they should turn out similar to the ORA black ice clowns I would expect, more of a dirty orange with a lot of black.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Oh wow, I'll have to look into that, is it available here?

These guys will never be that bright, one of their parents is a Darwin occelaris, they should turn out similar to the ORA black ice clowns I would expect, more of a dirty orange with a lot of black.
should be available here

Matt_95

Dec 16, 2013
Just done a quick google and it looks like a few places around here should stock it. I was considering trying white crane, which do you think would be better?