Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Some Stats Of Red Sea Blue Bucket ( New Formula )
image.jpg
Over the years I've tried multiple 20kg of the following salt brands -Seachem , DD, Tropic Marin,Instant ocean.....
I always seem to come back to Red Sea . Having had great results from coral pro in the past I've gone blue bucket as it's closest to the parameters I run.

Here are some basic results that I tested today , they were what I felt like looking into at the time.

Salinity 1.025
Potassium 380 Korallen Zuct
Magnesium 1290 Salifert
KH 8 Salifert

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
It really is one of the best salts out there. Nearly a year and a half and not a single dodgy mix!

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
I love the stuff as well, I find the price varies a lot though. I needed some urgently recently and couldn't believe what some LFS were charging.

E

ezza

I bought some ultimate aquacare recently when needing salt that wouldn't bankrupt us. I love Red Sea, but the cost is a bit much. Same with any other imported salts. It would be great to use, but I value having more money to spend on other stuff.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I bought some ultimate aquacare recently when needing salt that wouldn't bankrupt us. I love Red Sea, but the cost is a bit much. Same with any other imported salts. It would be great to use, but I value having more money to spend on other stuff.
The LFS sells ultimate aquacare and use it in their tank with great results. They have spruiked lt to me in the past even when I special order the Red Sea in from them.

Care to share some test results @ezza ???

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I've actually gone to a new salt from Red Sea. It's a local company called Marine Enterprises. If it's good enough for Martin Moe, it's good enough for me. The best part is, I can take the truck there and they throw it on with the forklift. I just can't do IO anymore.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
IO was spot on except for a KH of 11 - I could have diluted it to 7 but ...... My tank was set up with Red Sea and frags were killer, went to IO and they turned average, four weeks now with Red Sea , seeing growth and colour.