Tank Journal Archive

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
He is just giving us guys a bit of suspense with some dodgy camera angles and he will probably give us the "big reveal" later on :p

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
My missus would just be happy if I could keep everything to 1 shelf! Haha

Looking forward this this unfolding!
We'll see how long it lasts as one shelf though ;) haha

ahhhhh FFS! . Is that it, That is all you are going to tell us?
It's made of glass and has an overflow? Haha

Come on dude, you shared better pictures on faceboook! How about remembering your reefuge mates!!!
I don't know what you're talking about :P

He is just giving us guys a bit of suspense with some dodgy camera angles and he will probably give us the "big reveal" later on :p
I can do a small reveal ;)

Tank is a glorious 1000x600x450mm with internal weir as you can see and return will be external :)
IMG_20160605_205335.jpg

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Bit heavy on the silicone around the European brace ???? Your thoughts?
haha it is well strengthened :P It actually doesn't bother me and I hadn't even noticed it until someone else pointed it out lol It could have been done better but it's a 3 & 1/2 year old tank that an amazing friend cleaned up for me so there is absolutely no complaints here. Overall I'm super impressed with it and besides, once it's filled with acro's you won't even notice ;) haha

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
haha it is well strengthened :p It actually doesn't bother me and I hadn't even noticed it until someone else pointed it out lol It could have been done better but it's a 3 & 1/2 year old tank that an amazing friend cleaned up for me so there is absolutely no complaints here. Overall I'm super impressed with it and besides, once it's filled with acro's you won't even notice ;) haha
Good times in that case.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Good times in that case.
Good times indeed! Just got a second PDU to run with the tank too so happy days :)

You could always run a small strip of wood the same colour as the stand around the rim of the tank. This will hide the water line too.
I actually don't mind being able to see the bracing and all of that and I'm using the cade light poles so unless the light spill is stupid I'll probably just leave it open as that's nice and easy :)

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Good times indeed! Just got a second PDU to run with the tank too so happy days :)

:)
Was thinking you might do PDU , if you weren't so cryptic about setting this tank up ... You would have been able to score my two PDU cheap !!!

Uglyman

Mar 9, 2012
Pyalong
Congrats on the new tank Dom :D

I took your advice and had a chat to Dave about the rabbit fish and walked out with a juvi coral rabbit fish and within a day he has started munching on that PITA caulerpa and he won't leave it alone unless the pellet feeder is on hehe

So more pics mate or else :p

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Was thinking you might do PDU , if you weren't so cryptic about setting this tank up ... You would have been able to score my two PDU cheap !!!
haha I already had one and this one was an impulse buy :p what a wild hobby we have haha. I wasn't really sure of the build till recently which was why it was so cryptic lol

That's so exciting. Cant wait.
Congrats. :)
Super super exciting :D

Congrats on the new tank Dom :D

I took your advice and had a chat to Dave about the rabbit fish and walked out with a juvi coral rabbit fish and within a day he has started munching on that PITA caulerpa and he won't leave it alone unless the pellet feeder is on hehe

So more pics mate or else :p
Thanks Shane :)
Funnily enough I was actually at Dave's yesterday and he was telling me how yours was smashing the caulerpa! :) I'm thinking about hiding my zoa's in the sump and keeping a small rabbit fish for the first month or two of this tank to make sure nothing makes it across and gets a hold :) I'm glad it's working out though!!

I think the one thing I'm going to have difficulty with is scaping this tank as it's so different to the cube and I want to have the scape completely different to anything I did in the cube lol. Low, minimal and a few islands is the scape I'm going for and I think I have a rough draft of a rough draft so far :) I'm fairly happy with how the right side has pieced together but the other two thirds of the tank are going to need some work lol
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_20160606_210052_zps33co9e6l.jpg