Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Go a starfire set up form your mate and put an external weir on... @daves88 did that...looks mint
im not that keen on external weirs creates a massive weak point in the tank having stress over a cut line of glass, did those tunze weirs ever come out that are just a single hole? they allways looked decent back from the previews. i think i prefer a small corner weir rather then a centre weir also.

Waiting for some prices to come back, The Elos is yum but my partner wasnt keen on the price. Might have to convince her otherwise :D

Got that custom setup getting quoted to

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
im not that keen on external weirs creates a massive weak point in the tank having stress over a cut line of glass, did those tunze weirs ever come out that are just a single hole? they allways looked decent back from the previews. i think i prefer a small corner weir rather then a centre weir also.

Waiting for some prices to come back, The Elos is yum but my partner wasnt keen on the price. Might have to convince her otherwise :D

Got that custom setup getting quoted to
Don't do that you will only make things worse...from what @NiCd told me anyway lol...

Why dont you do what @chimaera is doing the OceanLife Overflow (I hear he's close with the guy hwo brings these in) or the Xaqua X-Inout Overflow....classy!!

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
So what's the go? Do you cut the Wier say 50mm below the rim as in one side smaller than the rest?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Don't do that you will only make things worse...from what @NiCd told me anyway lol...

Why dont you do what @chimaera is doing the OceanLife Overflow (I hear he's close with the guy hwo brings these in) or the Xaqua X-Inout Overflow....classy!!
both those are a possbility! i do like the idea that they dont take up much room, wonder what the noise is like?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast

im taking another look at these overflows @leodb89 they look like a good idea and take up minimal space dont they!

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
im taking another look at these overflows @leodb89 they look like a good idea and take up minimal space dont they!
Yep! I'm looking at one atm for my frag tank...just looks too easy and clean, vertex use a similar thing on their tanks..the second one I mentioned varies the flow like the SCWD

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Yep! I'm looking at one atm for my frag tank...just looks too easy and clean, vertex use a similar thing on their tanks..the second one I mentioned varies the flow like the SCWD
they look like a nice option to keep the tank free of clutter. investigating deeper now i might just go a full custom tank

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
id go two overflows but not keen on external coast to coast creates to much of a weak point in the glass