Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
you say that but it wont be weak...it will be supported by the weir would it not
coast to coast is usualy an external box that holds water in it. being a weak point when putting preasure if it isnt built correctly (the cade center external weirs have the same issues cracking down where the weir cut is in the glass)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Tank has been purchased!
60x45x45 low iron glass (same as my old size)
Black cabinet
currently no weir or sump,
Bought off a friend of mine for a bargain price
(doesent come with stock)

Attachments

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Will be drilling out the stand with holes for dosing and adding a shelf to the right hand side to hold more goodies

got a picture back from my tank builder of the added bracing i think it turned out nice!

Time to pickup the drilled & braced tank + sump tomorrow!!

Attachments

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
It's about damn time, I've been in suspense for WEEKS now. :D now if I could just get my new tank here without them running a forklift through it or dropping it I'd be good to go, lol. The trucking company has so far destroyed $1100 worth of aquariums.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
It's about damn time, I've been in suspense for WEEKS now. :D now if I could just get my new tank here without them running a forklift through it or dropping it I'd be good to go, lol. The trucking company has so far destroyed $1100 worth of aquariums.
haha really? thats nasty! i pick it and the sump up today!!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Heres some of the changes i had to make to the stand!

Had to cut out the centre brace, added corner braces to the inside of the stand, Fully sanded back the inside undercoated with a sealer and paint in flat black. Also had to cut a hole in the back for all plumbing turned out well and nice and strong with the added bracing i didn't paint the outside it was already a nice low gloss black

not sure if i grabbed a pic of the 2nd coat of black. shown pic is 1 coat over the undercoat

Attachments