Tank Journal Archive

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Stand / Cabinet Details
Welcome to the first post of this tank journal that I was not going to do lol. I just don't get the time to update as much as one should. :banghead

Stand has been built & delivered 16/02/15, built by a local bloke up in Haddon. Just out of Ballarat for those of you who get lost easy lol. I did ask for 65x65x5mm SHS but it ended up coming in 75x75x5mm, which is no huge deal, but glad I had nothing else built to suit as yet. Each section has been engineered to hold 1.5 tonne making a 6 tonne load not out of the question.

At the moment the stand is still in Ballarat, being coated in a nice dark blue color. :) I'm hoping to pick it up on Thursday & bring it home. That's where the fun will begin :banghead Have done a lot of trial & error on the 10ft so this time things should go more to a non-existent plan I have floating around in my head. I really should write more thoughts about the build down, but when I do they just get lost in the pile of paperwork that lives in front of me. :(

Pics, don't have to many yet but here are a couple of the stand on the day it turned up at work.

Steve at stand.jpg

Front beside wall.jpg

Moving this thing around is going to be a pain in the arse! Much bigger then when I had it laid out on the lounge room floor lol. Getting it loaded into the truck wasn't to bad, had to think about it tho, came up with a lifting strap tied around one end, then another ratchet strap hooked to the lifting strap back to the forklift. Didn't look pretty, WorkSafe MAY have questioned it, no written risk assessment completed, but really, the world only advances when those that stand around scratching their arse with no experience telling those that do have hands on experience they are doing it wrong piss off to their next important meeting. :p

Fork about to lift.jpg

Fork pick up.jpg

Drop it on the back of the truck & all done, then done to ole mate painter dude for a quick touch up. :D

Hang out of truck.jpg

Gives the guys somewhere to park their arse while securing the thing on for me lol

Hard at work.jpg

Had another delivery the next day. Figured even with a few hands, getting this inside the house is going to be fun & heavy. Same thought occurred to me about actually lifting the tank into place on the stand. Soooo, I ordered a couple of 350Kg scissor lift tables. These things are heavy by themselves! 100+ Kg each!. I kinda figure these will make the whole job a bit smoother on the day.

IMAG2479.jpg

IMAG2489.jpg

Reckon these will come in handy! :D
Lowered height: 360mm
Max lift: 1500mm
Table dimensions: 500mm x 900mm

Well that's about it for tonight. Not much is going to happen until I get the call saying the stand is ready to pick up.
So until then, any questions? comments? thought?

Thmpar

Mar 2, 2013
Bendigo
I'm along for the journey as this is going to be huge on all levels.
My build will be enough for your sump.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
So are you taking a wall off the house to get that thing in there?? :worship

E

ezza

The tank is going to weigh 6 tonnes??? I hope your floor is strong Ken!! I am astonished beyond belief at how large this thing will be.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
AMAZING :D

Cannot wait to see this come together mate!! Moo is going to love you for it :) I'll always be around for a hand so give me a shout if you ever need one :)

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Thanks guys, :)
Pretty sure it's going to be a daunting build within a fairly short time frame once it starts. o_0

Absolutely huge stand, I can't even imagine the tank on top of it.
Mate I couldn't imagine the size of the stand until it turned up! Between you & I, a bit concerned about the size of the tank after seeing the stand lmao.
My build will be enough for your sump.
I'm thinking the sump might be a bit bigger Rob, but the plans you told me about on the weekend sound great mate!

'Moo's big build' LOL cracked me up. Must be the most spoilt fish in AUS!
Well it's not all about Moo Cody, but it really REALLY did help to get the new build across the line with Jen :)

So are you taking a wall off the house to get that thing in there?? :worship
Umm, not a wall, but perhaps a sliding door & the fence :eek

Why didn't you throw it in the back of the ute :p
Hahaha, I really wanted to Shane, even if it was a photo op

The tank is going to weigh 6 tonnes??? I hope your floor is strong Ken!! I am astonished beyond belief at how large this thing will be.
I dont think it will be 6 tonne ON the stand Erin, but it may go close as a total unit.
Tank & stand will be close to 1 tonne,
3000+ liters in the DT adds another 3+ tonne,
Then throw in rock, sump volume, pumps, cabinet lining, it all adds up in the end :)

Audacious !!!!!
I read that one word an thought "Andrew Dice Clay" funny :)

I reckon he did but didn't want to show the pics.
Hahaha, if I did mate, believe me, I'd post the pics!

Awesome Ken, very keen to see it come together.
We are also Sam :)

Wow dude, shit is serious, real serious!!
Shit is serous mate! Don't shit you die :D

I'll always be around for a hand so give me a shout if you ever need one :)
Thanks mate, might have to shout out to a few lol.

Now who has some idea's to throw out there for the cabinet??? :)
I am stalking your TJ's for idea's here & there ;)

E

ezza

The only idea I can really give you is: solar panels. Lots and lots of solar panels.

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Well the stand has been coated & I brought it home tonight. Mate Dave was waiting when I got home to lend a hand as always. :)
Got a few looks on the way home, lol, half the stand hanging out the back of the truck.

Some unloading pics that show the size of the thing....

IMG_0433.JPG

Deep in thought
IMG_0437.JPG

Lift it ya bastard!
IMG_0439.JPG

How handy is one of these things!
IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

That's about it for tonight.
Trip to Master's & Bunning's tomorrow after work, pick up some 16mm MDF then start lining.
Now it's home I can work out weir placement, hole locations & stuff like that.

:)

Attachments