Tank Journal Archive

Started Up A Refugium
So after watching the BRS160 guys do an experiment on cheato, I decided to give it a crack. Moved my skimmer to the back and after removing a fair bit of chaeto bits from the pin wheel of the skimmer (due to bits coming off after the guy I got it from ripped it off his clump...), the ball formed and now no more bits are coming off any longer. The skimmer outlet is causing the ball to spin. I bought a PAR38 grow light off ebay and its been one week now. Here is the video clip of the experiment.

Video of mine rolling.

fuge.JPG

Attachments

Sean81

Nov 11, 2015
Sydney, South
Nice. Just a quick question off topic but have you ever had micro bubble issues for you skimmer. I have tried so many things and can't stop the bubbles getting out. Also what wattage is the light?

Nice. Just a quick question off topic but have you ever had micro bubble issues for you skimmer. I have tried so many things and can't stop the bubbles getting out. Also what wattage is the light?
I used to get bubble issues in my last sump but this one I had designed so that there is a section of the sump filled with Siporax noodles. So now I can crank the skimmer and never need to worry about bubbles. Works perfectly and the Siporax does what it does at the same time.

The light I ordered is a 36Watt Par38 grow light from ebay.