News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
State Groups
Hello everyone,

As the site grows and members become more active, so do the state groups. Currently Victoria is leading the way in terms of activity and user interaction.

We would like to hear ideas and suggestions of what users would like the state groups to become. Aside from being able to contact people living in your state or nearby, we can put these groups to good use. Victoria has currently had two major gatherings of members which included a party hosted at @Synodontis's house, and an LFS crawl.

Other states can start going similar things, but we are sure there are many more ideas we have not thought of yet. What do you want to see the groups morph into?

Thanks.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
Pretty much what VIC has done. We have tried to get a NSW one going but its hard to suit everyone. Maybe now summer is coming we can get together for a bbq somewhere. But I don't know how much needs changing, just needs more effort by the people I guess! Both myself and Sidd are in the process of getting new tanks so maybe that will give us the motovation, a 'help me set up' day?!

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
We (In SA) dont have a lot of member at the moment... We are becoming more active though and hopefully with a couple more members we can start to organise a get together....

Riaan_Tas

Jan 6, 2012
Parkwood Qld
I would suggest a "next door helpline" to get a contact nr of some one near you in case of urgent help needed ... some times in a crisis it just need someone from the outside to help ....

My 2 c anyway

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I would suggest a "next door helpline" to get a contact nr of some one near you in case of urgent help needed ... some times in a crisis it just need someone from the outside to help ....

My 2 c anyway
that's what ends up happening when you make friends with everyone but i think it would be a bad idea to have address's and contact numbers of people on the internet for all to see!

Reef6

Jul 29, 2012
Gladstone
that's what ends up happening when you make friends with everyone but i think it would be a bad idea to have address's and contact numbers of people on the internet for all to see!
Yeah agree it's not a good idea to have it for all to see, but maybe giving the mods a list of people willing to be contacted in an emergancy with details so that the information can be passed out as needed. my number is online anyway as it's on the website, but i think i'm a bit far away from most to help.. lol..
maybe have a list of people in areas with what they could help with eg. keeps 1000L of NSW at all times.. then there info can be requested from the mods or a minimum post required to see the info

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Reactions: MTG

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Yeah, see us Vic folks are ahead of the rest of you northern folks :P
The state groups here already exist for a reason - it just needs people in each group to get motivated to try to start something :)
There's also a list in there for which users are in which area so everyone in the vic group can see who their nearest members are if they need a hand as well as a list of who has what available to loan out in emergencies (which is what above pic is of).