Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Still Waiting For The Move
The saga continues. @somethingfishy76 is still tremendously, gratefully the custodian of my tank. Thanks to the lying pieces of crap (AKA property developers) moving in is still a few weeks away.
Amazingly the tank's parameters are doing really well, spot on actually. All that I've been doing is dosing Randy's and (ir)regular water changes. I haven't been doing any additives dosing and all corals seem to be getting by pretty good.
I'm really suffering tank withdrawal and hope this situation ends soon.
When I do move, my fish account (which is building each month) is going to take a hiding, so I'll be on the look out for some excellent stock.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Is there much that still needs to be done?

Normally developers would want you in there as soon as they could so they could get your money.

CodyS

Sep 22, 2012
Remember, if your detox gets too bad, go to the hospital.

Any thoughts on your shopping list yet?

Jul 29, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised. The organisation of the work and the willingness of each tradesmen to get the job done is what it comes down to. A person I know still hasn't gotten the keys to the house yet. There's still no electricity and the tiles are still missing. Another person I know keeps telling me about the shoddy work some tradesmen do. ie banana walls, taking the money and running away if its cash, as well the general "I'm gonna milk it" approach. Although some can be blamed on the weather which is a legitimate excuse given the past storms we've had. The advice given to me was to make sure you be there everyday to make sure that work is coming along smoothly. Else the mice will play while the cat is away.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Its not so much the builders at this stage, the apartment is finished enough to move into. It's just how long the council is taking to certify the units and then the lawyers have to do their thing. The infuriating part of it is the developers keep saying it's only a couple of weeks away and then when those weeks are up it's again a couple of weeks away!
So at this stage it looks like it's a couple of weeks away. o_0

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Dealing with developers or builders is the pits. When we put up the 2nd greenhouse I'm going to do as much of it as I can myself to avoid having to deal with tradesmen here, they're the scum of the Earth.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Well, we're out of the bloody expensive temporary accomodation apartment and have moved in with my son and his girlfriend hopefully for the last week or two of waiting.
Kathy is off to Canada tomorrow for a month to see family so it looks like I'll be doing the move on my own - what fun!!!!!

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I'd offer to help if my leg wasn't still busted and I wasn't 10,000 miles away, lol. I do have the Ute that we could transfer everything in.