Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Storm Surge Whips Up Dirt And Knocks Over Frags.
I keep my hands out the tank water for the best part of a month at a time.
Today I woke up and decided it was high time that the Deer park pieces got mounted. The pieces had started encrusting onto the temporary pvc holders already.:banghead
As I moved the frag meet frags I could not not help stir up the gravel.
Well that's where it started, and continued until every bit of gravel was stirred up.

Been soaking an old piece of dry liverock for a week. Off to find the putty to finally mount these pieces.:)

Attachments

E

ezza

I keep my hands out the tank water for the best part of a month at a time.
Today I woke up and decided it was high time that the Deer park pieces got mounted. The pieces had started encrusting onto the temporary pvc holders already.:banghead
As I moved the frag meet frags I could not not help stir up the gravel.
Well that's where it started, and continued until every bit of gravel was stirred up.

Been soaking an old piece of dry liverock for a week. Off to find the putty to finally mount these pieces.:)
This reminds me of the day a cyclone hit Aitutaki. I was absolutely devastated at the thought of the enormous devastation suffered by the people and the reef... then I realized what I was reading :p yay for storm surge!!! I hope you let this one grow out as much as Aitutaki did- it was one of the most incredible reefs I've ever seen.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
This reminds me of the day a cyclone hit Aitutaki. I was absolutely devastated at the thought of the enormous devastation suffered by the people and the reef... then I realized what I was reading :p yay for storm surge!!! I hope you let this one grow out as much as Aitutaki did- it was one of the most incredible reefs I've ever seen.
Hahaha, I remember that day clearly when Aitutaki was hit, sadly it was not long after that ,that she was destroyed by me.
Blame my mental health on that dumb move- anyway a couple of half attempts later I can say that I am loving this tank.

ai744.photobucket.com_albums_xx85_slin1977_024_zps494aae1a.jpg

E

ezza

Thank you @ezza
Colours in general are popping this week , starting to get some highlighter pinks and reds on the challenging ones.
Strawberry cake has never given me a hard time.
I must get some strawberry shortcake sometime. It really is a gorgeous coral. Please do keep going with this one. I just can't wait to see this grow out.

Did you get frags from Richie up here on the coast? It's been far too long since I last saw him and his aquarium. It would be nice to catch up with people and see lots of sydney aquariums now I can get around better.