Tank Journal Archive

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
Stupid Skimmer
Ever since I did my normal skimmer clean last week the thing has gone haywire. Won't set right, spits out more microbubbles than it did before etc. So I've taken it out for now and will either wait on the new Ghost model or consider and tunze. Or run without!

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
Just cleaning the skimmer cup or the whole body? If you cleaned the body and the pump I daresay it reset and needs to run in again.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
is the skimmer level? sometimes when i take my cup off i make it not level and i get that sometimes or if the cups not on right or something like that

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
Yep all level. That was the first thing I checked. Even tried raising or lowering it. Not too big of an issue. The tank is small enough that with regular changes I should be OK until the ghost model is released here!

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Ever since I did my normal skimmer clean last week the thing has gone haywire. Won't set right, spits out more microbubbles than it did before etc. So I've taken it out for now and will either wait on the new Ghost model or consider and tunze. Or run without!
Yes they sometimes need quite a lot of adjustment after a clean. Is it adjustable?

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
I gave it nearly a week to settle back in. From what I've read it can be a common problem with some of the IM models. They'll be fine for a while and then suddenly go haywire. Some never even break in after weeks of running them. No worries though, regular water changes are doing the trick for now

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012
I gave it nearly a week to settle back in. From what I've read it can be a common problem with some of the IM models. They'll be fine for a while and then suddenly go haywire. Some never even break in after weeks of running them. No worries though, regular water changes are doing the trick for now
This is one of the reasons I chose not to run one & sump my SR60 instead..