Off-Topic

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
In my early 20s I was installing a Bosch GT40 ignition coil in my old Mk3 Capri and thinking it would be ok to kill the car by pulling the lead off it, as I couldn't be buggered walking around to turn off the key... Next thing I know I was halfway across the garage. Apparently the arc jump from the coil threw me 6 feet... Thats a pretty damn good ignition coil lol

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
I've been hit too many times by my Coilpacks on my skyline :( much pain..... Best way to explain what it feels like is being punched in your entire body all at once !

V

'vspec'

I got a bit to excited during a BJ and shot myself in the eye
awww.desmonorthwest.com_forums_images_smilies_confused58.gif

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
My older brother made a jacobs ladder while doing an electronics apprenticeship in the navy... For those that dont know a jacobs ladder has 2 probes and will generate an arc between the 2 which will climb up the probes or "ladder" until it breads at the top and starts again at the botom.... anyway. I found this little project while cleaning out the shed one day and decided to hook it up and have a look. It basicallly consisted of a small circuit board with 2 probes off on end, 2 cables with large alligator clips to hook onto a battery and a car ignition coil in the middle.

When I hooked it up I realised that there was a short on the cable that went to the probes... The cable that I was holding! Now unlike a car ignition system this circuit is not designed to switch on and off... It stays on! I was paralyzed by approx 20,000KV running up my arm. It was un-comfortable to say the least and it took me about 15 - 20 seconds to pull the cables off of the battery! It hurt like a bastard and josh was right its like being punched everywhere all at once... In my case for an extended period.

V

'vspec'

lol, you nuff nuff!
Although look at the bright side, you have an experience to tell!

V

'vspec'

Who can say for sure, the evidence was destroyed after the laugher stopped.