Off-Topic

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Cut up chillies then picked my nose.....
I knew a family who grew all their own food - goats for meat, milk, cheese, yoghurt; chooks for meat, eggs and garden fertilizer and all their own fruit and vegetables. They had these growing tunnels to keep the insects out and they used to go inside to harvest their produce. One day i was having coffee with the parents when the 30 yr old son who was staying with them went down to the tunnels to pick some vegetables. I was sipping my coffee and observed him walk in, spend some time rummaging about in there, then come out, put his pickings down then head to the toilet block (which was near the goat shed). We were then treated to a blood curdling shriek and the sight of him racing across the lawn, into the kitchen, grab a tub of (home-made) yoghurt then bolt back to the toilet block. Dad went to see what was up and came back staggering with laughter. Son had picked some birds-eye chillies then needed to go for a pee.....he forgot to wash his hands first though....

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
If you thinks marines expensive try photography... I was loaded till then lol
im into basic photography but i only have a 600d with a couple of different lenses, wide angle, nifty 50, 135mm plus standard lenses. it isnt cheap and im at the bottom end of photography lol

some bodies alone are many thousands as youd know. thats a whole marine setup just in a camera body lol

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
in the past few weeks i have bought some new gear, lee filter setup 500$+ (two filters and a holder)
new body 2K+

i have a 24-105L, 50 1.4. 90mm macro, speedlight flash

there's my tank aleady excluding corals :D and i need another 10K i recon to get what i want :D

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
yeah its a huge amount of coin! what lens do you prefer for shooting corals and fish in tanks?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
yeah its a huge amount of coin! what lens do you prefer for shooting corals and fish in tanks?
Corals you can't go past the dedicated macro lens, fish 24-105, not that easy to focus a macro lens on a ff camera with moving targets =D can be done but I prefer to use the 24-105

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
Sounds fair to me. I would like a macro lens just because my missus or myself don't have one. We both have cameras.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
im into basic photography but i only have a 600d with a couple of different lenses, wide angle, nifty 50, 135mm plus standard lenses. it isnt cheap and im at the bottom end of photography lol

some bodies alone are many thousands as youd know. thats a whole marine setup just in a camera body lol
Nothing wrong with the 600D - I reckon it is an ideal camera for what I use it for. And my Tamron 90mm Macro lens is indispensable :) .

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
The 90 mm tamron is the nastiest lens in terms of build quality but it does what it needs to and that's to take a nice crisp macro!! =D

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
Nothing wrong with the 600D - I reckon it is an ideal camera for what I use it for. And my Tamron 90mm Macro lens is indispensable :) .
oh i realise there is nothing wrong with them, hence we have 2 of them, one for me and one for the missus. :)

but compared to say a 5d mk III there also not the best, still dont use ff and so on like a larger dslr, but for i use it for and the missus, there perfect.

The 90 mm tamron is the nastiest lens in terms of build quality but it does what it needs to and that's to take a nice crisp macro!! =D
mtg what macro lens do you recommend that wont cost an arm and a leg. money on the aquarium is more important than the camera lol

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
nice i will look into one of those in a couple of months, or a second hand cannon one.

for now i gotta stay focused on my tank itself before worrying about pics. im happy to now know which lens to get. $350 delivered is cheap.

dwi is where i got my camera and all the gear from so i trust them 100%

i guess we best get back on track of the topic. sorry for taking it over with camera talk :(

Damo

Jun 4, 2012
Ipswich
had a few to many carona's yesterday and tried to wash my car. Now being sober looking at my car i missed a little so washing again tomorrow without the beer lol

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Haha I do that all the time, once when I was rinsing for a pre wash I forgot I had the Window down a bit. Not a good time

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
We've decided that the "gods" don't want us to be financially secure. ..

The most RECENT stupid things:

Me - thought it would be a good idea to jog from the LFS back to the car in case bub was playing up for daddy. Two strides in and Les's phone bounced from my pocket onto the concrete. $600 phone now dead.

Les- besides trusting me with his phone? Lol
Was a bit too heavy handed during a water change. Result? The full 20lt bucket slipped from his hand into the rental property's fiberglass bath and has left a crack :-(

Upside? His stupid thing will cost more money than mine :-P lol

chrispc66

Apr 24, 2012
Experimented with DIY LEDS for more than 18 months....you name it, I used it. EPILEDS, CREE, BRIDGELUX, red, green, cyan, true UV, fake UV, 6.5K, 10K, RB & B....replaced blown ones.....altered voltage.

Yes...it worked, a little I guess. Supplemented the LEDS with MH....wow!....finally removed the LEDS and replaced with T5, now MH & T5HO....double wow!!

Annoyed I lost the time and all that growth and real colour. Now pinks and pinks, blues are blues, reds are reds, and the zoas and morphs look like their old selves again......:)

Oh, almost forgot I kept the vertex blue LED unit for the moonlights.....

vman

Go you Mighty Roosters !!!!
Oct 8, 2011
sydney 2036
the most stupid things i ever did was get an Ebay account and get addicted to an online game.