Sump Modification For Refugium

Discussion in 'Equipment / DIY / Reviews' started by somethingfishy76, Nov 7, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. somethingfishy76

somethingfishy76 Member

Ratings:
    +706
    Australia
    State:
    qld
    So I wanted a bigger Fuge area because the smaller ball I had going was doing a great job. So I taped up the glass, got @daveH to hold the water hose and I cut the glass with a grinder. Bit of a rough approach but it came out pretty good. Now I have my skimmer upstream of the Cheato and this eliminates any bits ending up in the skimmer pin wheel.
    From this...
    fuge.JPG

To this...

fuge333.JPG

fuge22.JPG

fuge11.JPG

Since I did this my Cheato has grown substantially. I am down to 0.03 from around the 0.06 Phosphate. My Nitrates are hovering around the 5 mark as well. The two lights I run above the Cheato are 54w each and bought from Ebay.I drilled holes into my cable tray so that they screw into the female E27 fitting inside the tray. That way I have no swinging lights waiting to fall into the water.

fuge 1.JPG
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sam Parker

Sam Parker Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,667
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    Rock n Roll, let the chaeto roll!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. somethingfishy76

somethingfishy76 Member

Ratings:
    +706
    Australia
    State:
    qld
    No more Lanthium or any reactors... been without both for over six months now. Just the best move I've made.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1