Tank Journal Archive

Oct 17, 2015
Sump Sorted
A shout out to @Lesley, for helping to correct my silly mistakes, my sump is now running as it should be, the sulphur reactor has now gone and been replaced with chaeto under 30w led, and it's now running in the correct order,

Acceptable nitrate here I come

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Pictures or it didn't happen ? lol
Now the waiting game, lets hope it all works. Hope you didn't shout out too early. eeeeek
No should be a lot better now Robert, but maybe should have kept reactor on a little longer to give the numbers time to adjust ?

Oct 17, 2015
DSC_0035.JPG
as you can see I was running one drain to the skimmer on the right. One drain to the sulphur reactor on the left, so all the water wasn't getting yhe full treatment as such

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I would not stick the heater in the same chamber as the return pump. If the return chamber runs dry your heater could crack and cause you a big problem.

Oct 17, 2015
Yeah that is a good point, although it shouldn't run dry as the inlet for the return pump is quite high, so as soon as it starts getting low I get bubbles in the dt and know to top up, we also rarely leave the house together so someone would see, although I could just move it, lol

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Yeah that is a good point, although it shouldn't run dry as the inlet for the return pump is quite high, so as soon as it starts getting low I get bubbles in the dt and know to top up, we also rarely leave the house together so someone would see, although I could just move it, lol
Hahaha. Never assume. I have had my return run dry twice now leaving about 200ltrs on floor both times :( So we now have 1. Return pump that will switch off when it sensors water is dangerously low. 2. An alarm that sounds until water Level is sorted. Just move it !!!! Lol. Other thing is return pump will generate some heat so thermometer on heater my cut off early than you would like ?

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Love it. Boy what a difference to the original pics. Job well done. Now just sit & seed. Lol. .

Oct 17, 2015
Hahaha. Never assume. I have had my return run dry twice now leaving about 200ltrs on floor both times :( So we now have 1. Return pump that will switch off when it sensors water is dangerously low. 2. An alarm that sounds until water Level is sorted. Just move it !!!! Lol. Other thing is return pump will generate some heat so thermometer on heater my cut off early than you would like ?

Yes mum, lol,

I've moved it, the temp won't be affected though as I run via an stc1000 with sensor elsewhere