Reef Discussion

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Sustainable Reefs Reef Essentials Thread..
Having purged my tank with no supplment addition since the beginning of this year and changing twice the volume of tank water over four months before embarking on this campaign it has been a month since I have started dosing the full range of the new Sustainable Reefs elements , vitamins and amino range.
Last year I had great success in colouring up my Sustainable Reefs frags , using the
Biggle Juice formula. I kinda got out of control by going crazy with a lot of amino over dosing and caused a huge outbreak of nuisance turf algae.
I guess I have learnt a bit about dosing SPS over this past year both in under- dosing and overdosing...
My original Sustainable shipment has been in my care for a year now and I received another dozen frags a month ago , along with the entire range of Reef Essentials supplements to trial on my tank.
This thread has been created to observe the changes in my coral both colour and growth. Hopefully to report some good things and hit some great colours in terms of metallic shimmer and such...There are always going to be unique parameters that are specific to my tank, in water flow, lighting and other tank keeping methodologies however I invite anyone interested to join this discussion and ask questions for those interested in using these products. Stay tuned reefers and I welcome @Coralfarmer to chime in as much as possible- along with dosing tips on the Sustainable products and their observations and effects of the elements in the range .There is a lot of knowledge they can share about dosing these products in the large scale outdoor sunlight propagation setup they run. To start this thread here is a pic of one little frag after one month in my tank dosing the Sustainable Reefs Reef Essentials.
IMG_1353.JPG

Sep 24, 2013
Palm Beach
Most companies separate Aminos from Vitamins and Trace elements (some even separate Aminos in groups, like Red Sea and KZ) because the negative effects some elements have on each other. Like oxidation, for example.

I am wondering how Sustainable Reefs did overcome this problem, @Coralfarmer. It would also be interesting to know what Aminoacids and vitamins are included.

I was very keen to try the "Amino + Vitamins", motivated by the quality of their frags, but the lack of information put me off.
I can't stop but think, the solution to the aforementioned problem is either avoiding the conflicting elements or simply ignoring it, given most hobbyists will never notice it.

dazzamx

Feb 24, 2015
Their corals speak for them self. So what they are doing is working well. A lot of thought and work has gone into their coral farm and the results are amazing.
You see all the photo on the net and they look awesome. But when you go and look at their corals in the setup. It blows you away.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I'm tagging along too :) I'm just dosing Vitamins from the guys but the new CorlGro sounds really interesting!

I have to say just the vitamins without anything else is awesome!

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I'm tagging along too :) I'm just dosing Vitamins from the guys but the new CorlGro sounds really interesting!

I have to say just the vitamins without anything else is awesome!
Speaking about vitamins my visual observations over this past month in regard to my strawberry cake has been a shift from a solid monochrome pink to a yellow body pink tip type cake. Typical of some advanced vitamin dosers that I've seen on other forums. Looking back on some photos from the beginning of the year regarding this cake it was quite dull looking and rarely photographed with the iPhone.