Reef Discussion

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
hehe yes, HO for high output. Ie, what aquarium fixtures are. I only ask as I have come across a few people trying to fit aquarium bulbs into some garage fixtures they picked up off gumtree cheap thinking they had worked this aquarium game out :p
I got mine from Aquariums on line, so i think it should be ok, i hope??

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
hehe yes, HO for high output. Ie, what aquarium fixtures are. I only ask as I have come across a few people trying to fit aquarium bulbs into some garage fixtures they picked up off gumtree cheap thinking they had worked this aquarium game out :p
Well, there was a time when that's all we had mate. My 8' 240 had 12 4' fixtures over it, lol. Then I put 4x175w MH over it and those were high bay fixtures for warehouses. Over here you can get greenhouse lighting and it works great.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Well, there was a time when that's all we had mate. My 8' 240 had 12 4' fixtures over it, lol. Then I put 4x175w MH over it and those were high bay fixtures for warehouses. Over here you can get greenhouse lighting and it works great.
Yep I know, but I wouldn't recommend anyone take that path with the options available to us these days :)