Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Tang Virginity Lost & Acro's!
I suppose it's about time I made a small update on things seeing as I haven't done my weekly updates. I've had some photo's to put up for a week or so but I've been a little lazy lol

First cab of the rank is a new addition to the fishy friends! I've been waiting for quite some time for the right Kole Tang specimen to show up at the local and when I went down this morning, I had the choice of 3! haha so needless to say I've come home with a brand new buddy!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_0958_edited_zpswodeeklg.jpg

Aside from that little gem everything is running along smoothly! so we'll start with Andrew's favourite flubbers
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_0944_zpszkhwtrjg.jpg

And the magic rack
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_0945_zpsekc4hv7j.jpg

And some lovely frags of another kind! These little ones stay brown and crappy until they reach a certain size then it's pink and green with nice white tips!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_0935_zpsnxnjxe5d.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_0933_zpsnsa0idt6.jpg

Now for what we've all come for, the acro's!
Efflo getting it's encrust on:
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_0936_zpsqpbjbg4q.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_0937_zpsmvi70vqp.jpg

Spathulata going strong and the growth tips are killer!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_0938_zps93otgd3j.jpg

Crappy photo of an awesome acro haha
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_0939_zpsmr4rntdj.jpg

I think I need to start adding a little something something to deepen the colour off a little more
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_0942_zpsix1t5pfr.jpg

Robusta looking pretty good
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_0941_zpsvzirfzxr.jpg

And the top of the tank, acro city
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_0946_zpsd3cnxasr.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_0947_zpseoe4zy5s.jpg

And of course the bit everyone loves, the firetruck
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_0940_zpsbu9hozbm.jpg

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Lovely stuff, looking tops!
Thanks Sam, it was worth the hassle to post it haha

oh, hes beautiful. God your a patient man. First tang. Love it.
Haha I have to have the "right" fish so I'm prepared to wait, Dave has really pushed my patience by telling me he can get captive bred BANDIT ANGELS in :eek:D:worship possibly the ultimate angelfish for me!! $3k a pop though but soooo worth it :D
Stunning mate . The color of your "firetruck" is amazing .
Thanks Rob :) How's your firetruck going??

Love the Kole! Sourced in Vic? So keen to get my hands on one!
Yep, from Deer Park :) Dave still has two there if you're really keen! Both stunners too

That all looks amazing! Those little frags are lovely!
Thanks Ziggy, I was one of the guys that replied to your post on FB about zeo. I didn't post any pics but as you can see the metal halide and zeo combo makes a really nice difference :)

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Finally :D

FUck i want a bit of that Fire Truck!!!!
I blame you entirely for wanting a kole tang! :D

Well once it's growing like crazy (still recovering from the vermitid snail attack) I'm sure a piece can make it your way along with everyone else haha

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Really??? Have you seen this build? Makes me want a "Bandit Haven!"
http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bandit-haven.214112/
YES! And it's one of my favourite threads :D
I was just chatting to Dave about angels in general and told him that bandits were my ultimate and he just looked at me with a sly grin and casually said "I can get them" haha he said it's like 40 pages of paperwork but he can do it and they're captive bred! I basically died!! And of course when I was checking out, he just said "you let me know and I'll get those bandits" cheeky bugger! Haha

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
YES! And it's one of my favourite threads :D
I was just chatting to Dave about angels in general and told him that bandits were my ultimate and he just looked at me with a sly grin and casually said "I can get them" haha he said it's like 40 pages of paperwork but he can do it and they're captive bred! I basically died!! And of course when I was checking out, he just said "you let me know and I'll get those bandits" cheeky bugger! Haha
Sounds about right. Good bloke :P

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Yes, those CB Bandits don't come cheap, lol. Just be glad your favorite isn't a Clarion, CB Clarions will lighten your wallet a tad north of $10,000 retail! :dead

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Sounds about right. Good bloke :p
Great bloke but knows which buttons to push haha the shop is looking good, I can't wait for the acro tank to be up! He has some cool ideas with it.

Yes, those CB Bandits don't come cheap, lol. Just be glad your favorite isn't a Clarion, CB Clarions will lighten your wallet a tad north of $10,000 retail! :dead
$10k lol the one Rob posted sold for just under $3k :) captive bred too! Still a hefty price tag though but it sold which was good :)

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
$10k lol the one Rob posted sold for just under $3k :) captive bred too! Still a hefty price tag though but it sold which was good :)
I'd love to know where it came from, my cost is a lot more than that and for a 4-5cm specimen, lol.

brendan88

Jul 3, 2015
Lovely pieces. They were 3 ripper koles that came in on daves delivery.

Quick quiry, the arcrilic box you got the kole in. Purchased or made by yourself??