Tank Journal Archive

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
Tank Details And Goals.
So atm my tank is stock standard. Only changes been done is heater and pump on right hand side has been upgraded to an ehime 2000lph.

Mods I want to do.
6 ati t5 globe's either
3x blue plus, 2x coral plus and 1x purple plus
OR 4x blue plus 1x coral plus 1x purple plus.

Replace 2x return pumps with say jabeo 2000lph controllable.

Add 2x controllable wave makers unsure of brand.

Add ato cant decide on brand (sub $200)

Dosing pump for mag, alk, cal.

I want to keep mainly Lps and soft corals but once in in the swing of things ill Ada an sps or 2.

If I could get clowns and an anemone hosting that would be fantastic.

In essence I just want a stable beautiful reef with out costing my heart or sole as atm my budget is ultra tight.

Attachments

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I’d leave the return pumps for now, controllable ones won’t give you a lot of benefit.

Same with dosing pumps, won’t need them for a fair while.

ATO on the other hand, will save you a lot of stuffing about while the tank matures.

ATI globes are nice, but again, wouldn’t expect a lot of difference while the tank is new. Perhaps swap them in 6-9 months later when these ones are due for replacement?

Of course you can tell me to mind my own business, just my suggestions of course :)

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
I’d leave the return pumps for now, controllable ones won’t give you a lot of benefit.

Same with dosing pumps, won’t need them for a fair while.

ATO on the other hand, will save you a lot of stuffing about while the tank matures.

ATI globes are nice, but again, wouldn’t expect a lot of difference while the tank is new. Perhaps swap them in 6-9 months later when these ones are due for replacement?

Of course you can tell me to mind my own business, just my suggestions of course :)
Dude always accept your advice.
That list was a to do but no particular order.
In saying that the ato was no1 on the list. Then globes as I have no idea how old they are.