News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello leodb89,

The Tank Journals are going to go in. It is just a question of when. Old posts will remain in an archive mode, but as users update their journals new posts will come. If anyone is familiar with blogger or wordpress you can take a look and see how they work.

Look at it as each of your journals is your own forum (dedicated to the journal) with the name you give it. Each update is a new thread within that forum with the name you give it. Each reply is a reply to the thread. Of course it will not be a forum as such, but the basic structure is there. That way when you update, it creates a new thread within your journals "forum". It is extemely easy to look at a journal from start to finish.

Thanks.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
ok sounds riveting lol....so right now if i want alll my posts in my current TJ i need to go to all of them and click the 'post-it' button?

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello leodb89,

You only need to bookmark your "update posts", not every post you have made in the thread. Only the big important ones that you have made. This is so you can easily find them to copy / paste them into your journal later.

Thanks.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
ohhhk....fair enough....just curious though if i post-it to the first one i can then find the whole thread and copy and paste as i desire also?

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello leodb89,

No, do not copy and paste the whole thread. Please only copy and past each of your updates in their own update post. This will come at a later date, but for now please just bookmark your main update posts so you can easily find them later.

Thanks.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
yes i know what i meant was, if i just bookmark my first post in my TJ thread does that mean it will all remain in archive and would just mean i need to go through and copy and paste what i want, or does it mean if its not bookmarked it will be lost completely (including the archive)?

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello leodb89,

It simply means there will be more work for you later on as you will need to go through it again in archive mode. Tank Journals will not be lost, they will be archived and viewable by all users (however, they will no longer be advertised or displayed). Only search engines and users who have directly linked to them will be able to see them. The new tank journals will be taking over this work.

Thanks.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
so i take it this TJ thing has gone live....question...how do i go archive mode to see my old TJ as it once was and question 2 how do i begin using the new ones

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
so i take it this TJ thing has gone live....question...how do i go archive mode to see my old TJ as it once was and question 2 how do i begin using the new ones
no it is not live atm. TJs are under the main menu "get started" under TJ

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello leodb89,

It should allow you to do everything as before. Nothing has been changed at all. We will inform the community when the new journals are up.

Please post a copy of the error message it is giving you.

Thanks

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I believe the new journal system will work like a blog. So your updates will be the 'blog posts', and others can comment on those posts. So if you do:

- Update 1​
- Update 2​
- Update 3​

When people comment, those will be clustered beneath the update posts.

- Update 1 - I just got some new LEDs, here is how they look on the tank​
-- leo talking shit​
-- MTG raving about new Illumagic​
-- me responding to leo's shit and MTG's fanboyism​
- Update 2 - yadda yadda​
-- comment​
-- minor update on Update 2​
-- comment​
- Update 3 - yadda yadda​
-- comment​
-- crap​
-- comment​

So the idea of bookmarking updates on current journals is to turn them into those posts. Which means the comments and minor updates inbetween will not be transferred.

I could of course be completely wrong as I haven't seen the system, but if this is how it works hopefully it helps others understand it.

Reactions: MTG

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

As chimaera posted this is exactly how it works. If anyone is familiar with blogging they will know what this system is. Basically, that is how the tank journals are going to be laid out.

In addition to that, the sidebar will contain the latest Tank Journal updates. There will also be a dedicated page featuring the journals.

Thanks.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
I believe the new journal system will work like a blog. So your updates will be the 'blog posts', and others can comment on those posts.

When people comment, those will be clustered beneath the update posts.

- Update 1 - I just got some new LEDs, here is how they look on the tank​
-- leo talking shit​
-- MTG raving about new Illumagic​
-- me agreeing with leo's shit​
I could of course be completely wrong as I haven't seen the system, but if this is how it works hopefully it helps others understand it.
lol pretty spot on there