Tank Journal Archive

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
This is interesting ... how and what?

so usb camera plugged onto a computer with internet connectivity and install what software to stream?

Sep 24, 2013
Palm Beach
This is interesting ... how and what?
What: the REEFmate Aquarium Computer, $10 bucks USB camera and the internet.
How:
The REEFmate has two features which make it possible. The USB camera streaming service and a the internet tunnel.

The camera streaming service streams any USB camera to the REEFmate dashboard, like any streaming service that comes with decent cameras.

The internet tunnel exposes the REEFmate computer to the internet, including the camera streaming.
It makes use of the servers at my.inventmarine.com, so users don't have to tweak their routers or have techie background.

Every time I had major loses in my tank, I was away. So, the main motivation to host a camera over the web, is to be able to monitor it when on holidays.

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
What: the REEFmate Aquarium Computer, $10 bucks USB camera and the internet.
How:
The REEFmate has two features which make it possible. The USB camera streaming service and a the internet tunnel.

The camera streaming service streams any USB camera to the REEFmate dashboard, like any streaming service that comes with decent cameras.

The internet tunnel exposes the REEFmate computer to the internet, including the camera streaming.
It makes use of the servers at my.inventmarine.com, so users don't have to tweak their routers or have techie background.

Every time I had major loses in my tank, I was away. So, the main motivation to host a camera over the web, is to be able to monitor it when on holidays.
@Franklin Dattein I'm assuming this REEFmate computer is a software? and is it currently still under development as per @Sam Parker comment above?

Is this software compatible with Windows 7 and above?

or it is a controller that connects to a computer? so usb camera > controller > computer and then it's accessible via mobile devices i.e. Android?

How much is this REEFmate software?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Sep 24, 2013
Palm Beach
@potatocouch it is hardware and software and unfortunately it is not yet for sale.

Soon we will be selling the DOSEmate at a very special price, for forum members only, as long as they are keen to provide feedback, so we can further improve the product.

The DOSEmate is the REEFmate computer, bundled with 4 dosing pumps, temperature sensor and ATO.

Forum admins, please let me know if I am going too far as far as a sales pitch goes. I don't want to break any forum rules.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
@potatocouch it is hardware and software and unfortunately it is not yet for sale.

Soon we will be selling the DOSEmate at a very special price, for forum members only, as long as they are keen to provide feedback, so we can further improve the product.

The DOSEmate is the REEFmate computer, bundled with 4 dosing pumps, temperature sensor and ATO.

Forum admins, please let me know if I am going too far as far as a sales pitch goes. I don't want to break any forum rules.
Not breaking any rules, just sharing your skills with the forum. Highly encouraged!