Reef Discussion

Tank mate
I have a nano tank (38l) which currently has 1 occy and coral banded shrimp plus cuc
Original plan was to get a black & white clown but wondering if there are any other options that I could add
Any input is appreciated

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
A rough guide is around 2.5cm of fish per 9l => 10cm of fish in total. You would want your time to reach this stocking level.

Your occy could grow to around 5cm so that means one other fish. I would probably get another occy as I think they look good together.

Other options are: firefish, flame hawk, bicolour blenny, pyjama wrasse, yellow goby, rainford goby.

Good luck

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I have never had a problem with a CBS, but then I have always had a much larger tank :). I don't consider then aggressive as such, more as scavengers, but if they were hungry they might try and catch a fish. This would be more of an issue at night time when the shrimp is more active and the fish is sleeping.

No guarantees, but if the shrimp was well fed and the goby had places to hide I think they would be OK.

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
if you want a B and W occy to go with your standard one this would be fine. we had them in the same tank at the shop. just dont put other types of amphiron with them ie. tomatoes as these guys will smash the occys.

as it has already been said with tank size be careful, I have seen A. occelaris get to 10+ cm in length (females).

Tang

Jul 21, 2011
Sydney
Yes, no, maybe.

I've seen them in tanks under 50litres, primarily as the sole occupant though.