Tank Journal Archive

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Tank Ordered
Hey Guys,

My gf is going overseas for a month and she's been loving her OceanFree nano 34L tank but it is a bit of a PITA to maintain given the small amount of room in the tank and for filtration.

I figured that it was best get something with a decent skimmer and light as well as sufficient filtration, whilst she follows dosing religiously I want something she can enjoy and wont necessarily swing so easily.

So I started a thread to discuss several options here: Brainstorming Ideas For The Gf's Tank :)

I decided on the Elos Midi after speaking to Elos Australia they looked after me with one they had in stock from a previous shipment recently so I jumped on it.

I really would like her to have a tank she can enjoy and maintain with a little less effort and something that is a little more controllable.

I ordered the following:
- Elos System Midi - Includes: Tank/Stand/Sump/Return/Skimmer
- Elos OsmoController Digital (ATO)
- Giesemann Teszla-S
- Giesemann Bluetooth Interface for Tezla-S

Yet to order:
- Sand
- Heater
- EcoTech Vortech MP10w
- Zeo or Elos Suppliments (yet to decide)

Already Got:
- AquaRoche BaseRock

This is what the tank looks like:

Elos_System_Midi_Tank.jpg

Elos_System_Midi_Tank-Sump.jpg

Elos_System_Midi_Sump.jpg

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
one thing that is off putting...the light is 60 long i believe so 3cm more than the tank, and also has 120 degree optics so meaning a lot of spill

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
:P they cant stop people from not being able to calculate simple math, although they probably should lol

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Tank is going to be shipped out tomorrow :) need to store it at my house until my gf goes overseas. Been so hard to keep this a secret from her i think it's my longest running surprise ive ever kept lol usually i give in and give a hint, i have a few times i think but nothing has been given away yet :)