Tank Journal Archive

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Tank Paid And Almost Ready For Journey Home
so the tank is fully paid for!! so happy!

it wont be home for at least another couple of weeks though as there are still some things to be done with the cabinet (fake wall etc).
the tank looks really good! clean lines and really good dimensions!
already thinking of crazy aquascaping in my head haha.
also was able to purchase a vortech MP10 pump thanks to @Sam Parker.

the pictures below are of the tank and also the sump :)

new tank.jpg

new tank 2.jpg

sump.jpg

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
where'd you grab it from? Love the dimensions, definitely where I'll be going to with the inevitable future upgrade. The sump looks really functional too!

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
yes holly! top bloke!! Dave is sure to help you out! havnt seen you around @holly my understaning that you go there often too?

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
That is a crazy sump design :p sure it is well thought out though.

What are the tank dimensions again? Minus the hood it would go nicely in my house ;)

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
haha yeah well thought out! the tank is just short of 3x2x2. height is 50cm.

haha i sense an upgrade pete? ;)

hoangii

Feb 2, 2013
Footscray
nice looking tank mate. Do you know whether Dave does opticlear tank builds at all?

Btw thanks for the prompt reply in the msg this morning/afternoon regarding about the zoas.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
thanks @hoangii and no worries :) not too sure to be honest but you can always speak to him and find out? i can link you to his fb page which has the store number on it :) Cheers @Thmpar
taking my time with this tank. want it to be a stnad out now that ive gathered enough relevant information and experience thanks to all the awesome members of this site.

hoangii

Feb 2, 2013
Footscray
thanks @hoangii and no worries :) not too sure to be honest but you can always speak to him and find out? i can link you to his fb page which has the store number on it :) Cheers @Thmpar
taking my time with this tank. want it to be a stnad out now that ive gathered enough relevant information and experience thanks to all the awesome members of this site.
all good Daniel. I have met Dave on regular occasions... his place is 10 minutes from my work so i try to sneak out during work to visit his store. He is very informative and helpful.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
might bump into you there one day :) tank builds are the way to go! you can design it the way you want it. possibilities are endless. dave seriously knows his stuff! cant recommend this guy enough!

hoangii

Feb 2, 2013
Footscray
lol yeas but where a name badge so i know who is who. I might ask for some advise when I decide to upgrade especially in the sump designs.... have no idea what I need and looking at. :D

Did he build the stand for you too? If you dont mind me asking how much did whole unit cost altogether so i can get a rough estimate

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
haha im sure dave will let you know what i look like :P speak to dave about all that. he helped me out with pretty much everything with my build! really knows his stuff!
he has people that build the tanks and cabinets for him. he does all the touching up :) the tank, stand and crown cost me $850 all together, which i reckon is a very good price.

hoangii

Feb 2, 2013
Footscray
lol i think i might have seen him pulling your sump apart and redoing it or it might have been someone else's . I think i will actually ask him one day but my budget is too low right now and waiting to clear out more space in the house to get a bigger tank =[

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
haha theres no rush. but yeah dave is the guy to speak to whenever you feel ready to upsize ;)