Tank Journal Archive

Tank Running ....
Thanks so much to a mid week water delivery we now have a full tank! We've had it running for 24 hours now and the water temp has gone from 9 to 20, however moving the last few degrees seems to be taking a very long time.

The rock wall build has started with the dead base rock with a little 'help' from the furry member of the family.

I am really hoping I can get some live rock in tomorrow.

Attachments

CodyS

Sep 22, 2012
Hi,

Looking FAB!

What are you planning on using for the stand cladding?

Are you intending on running any form of dehumidifier to avoid moisture issues?

Cheers
Cody

Peter_1988_

Dec 1, 2013
Bacchus Marsh
The tank seems to be coming along nicely. Can't wait to see it all finished. Did you need to do anything to reinforce the flooring under the tank? either the concrete slab itself or the flooring on top? The tank I will have next year will be of similar size to yours so I am interested to know if you had to do anything special or just put it straight on top of the existing flooring. All I was told by my builder is that if you distribute the weight evenly it will be ok but I am interested in hearing other peoples experiences. Mine will be on a concrete slab (h2 class) with timber laminate flooring and was thinking of maybe putting gym mats underneath the tank or something similar.

The tank seems to be coming along nicely. Can't wait to see it all finished. Did you need to do anything to reinforce the flooring under the tank? either the concrete slab itself or the flooring on top? The tank I will have next year will be of similar size to yours so I am interested to know if you had to do anything special or just put it straight on top of the existing flooring. All I was told by my builder is that if you distribute the weight evenly it will be ok but I am interested in hearing other peoples experiences. Mine will be on a concrete slab (h2 class) with timber laminate flooring and was thinking of maybe putting gym mats underneath the tank or something similar.
We are on a slab (2 story house) and the builder told us we would be fine with the slab. I did put rubber gym matting over the tiles and a box 150mm high hardwood stand under the stand, partly for height and to assist with weight distribution.

I checked with two builders and i got the same answer off both.

Hi,

Looking FAB!

What are you planning on using for the stand cladding?

Are you intending on running any form of dehumidifier to avoid moisture issues?

Cheers
Cody
The stand will look like it is built into the wall by the time we are done.

I am not worried about under the tank as we have the sump in the garage and not under the tank.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Such a large tank - can I suggest you get something like a STC-1000 or ATC-800 controller.

For a small investment (somewhere between $50-$100) you will have far better control of your heaters.

Really good long term investment.