Tank Journal Archive

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
Today is a good day :)

After about a month of 4-5 day 20% water changes, introducing a yellow tang, which can go back to the LFS now, all the GHA algae seem to be gone, finally can see them pink rock :)

image.jpg

Tank Parameters

Amo 0
No2 0
No3 0
PH 8.2
KH 12
Calc 420
Phos 0

Last edited:

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Tang did a nice job on the rocks, bet you will miss having though just because you got used to it being there. I have thought of getting temporary fish to do a job sometimes but then I know I wouldn't want to give it up as it would be part of the family :-)

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
Tang did a nice job on the rocks, bet you will miss having though just because you got used to it being there. I have thought of getting temporary fish to do a job sometimes but then I know I wouldn't want to give it up as it would be part of the family :)

Yes he was hard to give him back, he added a great splash of colour and had a great personality. But he did a good job of eating the small piece of GHA of the rocks so he deserves his retirement.

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
Thought I'd do a update.

My tank journal is not the only thing that has been lacking my attention. Unfortunately I have been busy with work and my tank developed another algae breakout. However well I have been through this before and with the same method over came it again. Took about 1.5 months to get it completely gone.

image.jpg

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
Anemone has grow 5x it's size since added to tank. Hopefully it will max out soon otherwise might have to move it on.
image.jpg
image.jpg

On other news might be moving to a new RAAF Base, so unfortunately might have to sell the tank. I was wondering what a fair price to sell it for would be?

List of what's included:

Package contains:

Livestock
Yellow tang
Pair of clowns
Six line wrasse
Hammer coral
Frogspawn
Tourch coral
Lybophilia coral
Various zoas and morphs
Elegance coral
Plate coral
Rare sand anemone
Various snails
Coral banded shrimp

Equipment
Tunze skimmer
Tunze wave maker
Led light with auto lighting cycle
Heaters
Return pump
Hob filter
Test kits
Sump
Cleaning equipment
Feeding additives
Water additives

I know I've forgot stuff, everything is in perfect working order, and are of reputable brands, whisper quiet.

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
I'd be inclined to keep all the equipment for future tanks and sell off the insides. Could even keep the rock and just dry it out and store. If it's a BTA it'll grow up to 2 ft wide, they are large bastards!

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
Will be at the same base for another 3 years now. I have had the whole week off which has led me into a quite expensive purchase. I have upgraded tanks it's all been put together this week and starting to cycle.
I moving everything from my nano into a 6fter. Can wait for the extra room. Will begin a new journal when I have a bit of free time. For now here is the last pic of my nano.
image.jpg