News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
TapaTalk - Opinions
Hello everyone,

With the release of the responsive design ready to be released soon, we would like peoples opinion on the support of TapaTalk.

With the responsive design, the forums and website will display correctly regardless of if you are using a phone, tablet or pc. There will be no need to zoom in or out as it will automatically adjust itself to suit. Having said this, it will allow more features to be accessed that TapaTalk does not do (such as the ability to "like" a post").

Is there a reason those of you who use TapaTalk use it? Assume that when you visited The Reefuge in your phones / tablets browser it was as if you were using a mobile app. It displays properly, and allows you access to all the features. Will you still use tapatalk?

Thanks.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I use tapatalk as I find the browser on my phone fairly unbearable to use for any site - mobile skinned or otherwise. I also use other forums through the same software, so having a consistent app that allows to use both, to receive notifications in real time is far more ideal than using a browser.

Shannon

Jul 15, 2012
I use my iPad for everything but banking I hardly ever sit at our desktop computer anymore to to have all the options available would be great ! And I will continue to use it

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
I use Tapatalk because I actually prefer the format to a webpage, and as stated above I also use it for other Forums.

Please support/enhance it.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I only use tapa as its to hard to zoom in.

If the new skin works like the normal forum and I don't have to zoom I'd use it for sure.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
I use Tapatalk because I actually prefer the format to a webpage, and as stated above I also use it for other Forums.

Please support/enhance it.
Hi macca_75,

We can not enhance tapatalk. It is a third party product not controlled by us. Thus, we are unable to add features to it. This is why the website being mobile compatible is so important.

Thanks.

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
I hate tapatalk have it on my phone but rarely use it. So much stuff which it doesn't support on a really bland setout

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i find tapatalk to be super responsive on my phone so i use it for checking posts, also being able to upload pictures through it is awesome!

if we could get the browser looking nice and basic and loading quick i would use it. although we wouldnt be able to upload from phones would we as it doesn't negotiate with the phones software.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
i hate tapatalk there's not enough features, i just zoom around and stufff....would be good to have a mobile site version or something but mainly wish chat was available

emboli

Apr 15, 2012
I use tapatalk primarily because I am easily Able to take pics and upload it to the forum.