Tank Journal Archive

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
The Aussies Are Coming!!!
Yep, next Friday I'll be busier than a 1 legged man at an ass kickin' contest. The flight is due in at noon with lots of goodies on board, 2 boxes for personal use.
Green toadstools, Favia, Favites war coral, green stubby finger leathers(really cool), LH acans, maze brains in pink and green, golden toadstools, Scolymia, Moseleya, Pectinia, Oulophyllia, Goniopora and Alveopora.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
It's actually like Crimbo every time we get a shipment. You never know when a special piece will show up or that one that you've been looking for to finish a tank will show up. There's always the money aspect too, do I keep that piece or pocket the extra money off it and wait? If M gets into the box before I do and it's something she's looking for, it's going into her cube, lol.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
UNPOSSIBLE!!! I know I've seen that term used here before and it's a British term. You're not taking the piss outta me are ya? :D

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I still think y'all pullin' my leg. We've been looking into setting up a live feed at the shop so that people can see the hell you go through with a large shipment. It's easily 8 hours work.
Edit:
Damn it, the Brits use that term all the time, you guys leave the kingdom and I was not informed/ smashed out of my mind on morphine?

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I still think y'all pullin' my leg. We've been looking into setting up a live feed at the shop so that people can see the hell you go through with a large shipment. It's easily 8 hours work.
Edit:
Damn it, the Brits use that term all the time, you guys leave the kingdom and I was not informed/ smashed out of my mind on morphine?
AGGHHHHH Morphine!!!!
drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Guess I oughta post up some pics of that shipment, 3 others have come and gone since then.

ai.imgur.com_Ed87THc.jpg

ai.imgur.com_7ne7F29.jpg

2 of my favorite corals, Moselya and Favia

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
The Favia sold for $150USD and I kept those 2 Moseleya corals, they would have gone for $120USD for that size colony. I have 22 others in the farm run tanks. There has been rumors of a ban on collecting so I've been stockpiling as much as I can. I have some really nice ones stashed away. Here, they chop those up into 2 polyp frags and sell those frags for $40 ea. If they do ban exports, those corals will sell for north of $500 ea.:eek

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
There have been rumours of a ban on collecting Australian corals here. It pops up every once in a while. I don't see it happening, but there is the possibility with the likes of Snorkel Bob and his ilk floating around