Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
(Some photos of engine room. Tidying up the cables tomorrow and will tank some more pics)
Love it, but don't you hate the waiting. lol.
Notice in the write up you say "tank" some more pics, I do that all the time write Tank instead of take, people thinks its so funny if not on a reefing forum.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Looks fantastic mate! It's going to look even better with some livestock though ;)
I love the steel stand, are you going to leave it open??

jayellul

Sep 6, 2013
That will be fine. mine is alot more inclosed than that and I have never had an issue .
Yes hit air exits the back. It was hanging around a bit so I 'engineered' a shroud to direct hit air away.

image.jpg

I want to get something made of plastic that I can double sided tape into the back of the chiller :)

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
This has been the question I have been wanting to know...
What made you decide on an internal overflow box?

CodyS

Sep 22, 2012
How about cutting it out and making one of those ghost overflows to fit the current holes? Just a thought.

jayellul

Sep 6, 2013
How about cutting it out and making one of those ghost overflows to fit the current holes? Just a thought.
that exact thought id cross my mind. but its running now so meh.

Ill put some encrusting monti or something on the weir lol

CodyS

Sep 22, 2012

I reckon we could figure something out and install it with minimal disturbance, maybe we can chat when I'm back in Aus, might as well do something your going to be happy with + more coral room.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I got the tank second hand. I would definitely not build it like that :)
As Calvin Harris said " it was acceptable in the 80s"

That's how they used to build them back then - not so long ago.

Onto your lighting.... Is it 150 watt or 250watt MH ?
I am looking forward to seeing the growth from this set up as it's been ages since MH has been around this forum. Old school is making a comeback!!!

Last edited:

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013

I have a back wall full of coraline algae.I have bern trying to super glue small frags to it .after a week o 2 it falls off.
any tips?

jayellul

Sep 6, 2013
As Calvin Harris said " it was acceptable in the 80s"

That's how they used to build them back then - not so long ago.

Onto your lighting.... Is it 150 watt or 250watt MH ?
I am looking forward to seeing the growth from this set up as it's been ages since MH has been around this forum. Old school is making a comeback!!!
lol yeah it is an old design.

light is 250w + 4x24w T5

i am running a fresh Giesemann coral 14.5k it is fucking intense!! Next globe will be a 17.5k i think. fingers crossed i do a good job on the SPS front!!!