Tank Journal Archive

E

ezza

The Best Investment To Date

Thanks to the extraordinary generosity of so many members of The Reefuge, the strain on our budget because of medical expenses has been lessened a little and I was given permission to go slightly above my monthly fish tank allowance to make the best damn investment ever.

I bought 2 RW-15 wave makers from Fish Street and one of those two nozzle outflow pipe thingies (best $7 I ever spent right there!). I made a quick video of the moment the first of the two was turned on. Suddenly all this mulm that was in and on the sand began to circulate throughout the water column. I had used a special vacuum thingy that separates the mulm from the sand yesterday and the sand was looking pretty clean all things considered.

I am so happy with these wave makers. Hopefully it will be a big turning point for the wellbeing of my corals and fish.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
These pumps are great! I have the RW20 version but they are a little noisy. How are you finding the noise on these?

E

ezza

It's just fine! When I first turned it on I thought my phone was ringing on vibrate. That's the kind of noise it made. Sitting here watching TV, the sound of the waves is louder than the pumps themselves. It's certainly not too noisy.

I think your thread @Buddy , was one of the ones that opened my eyes to the Jebao wave makers. I have been researching them for a couple of months and working on my husband about the necessity and benefit of these wave makers. I can't believe I put up with my Tunzes for as long as I did!! If these were available when I started my system, I would have bought them from the start. I love them!!

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
Nice to see your tank getting some love :D

Off topic, you have a quiet a pleasant tone to your voice :)

E

ezza

Nice to see your tank getting some love :D

Off topic, you have a quiet a pleasant tone to your voice :)
Thankyou :) I work in a call centre. Before I moved to off phone work due to my health, I did manage to receive several compliments about my voice and one marriage proposal. It also may explain how I was able to keep a long distance relationship going for 4 years "back in the day". :p

*grins and scampers off*

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I thought you had a yellow tail damsel in the tank at first, then I realised it was a teeny tiny hippo tang

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
New scape is still looking sick as bro! :p :)

The corals are going to love the new flow, the wave looks awesome going throughout the tank :)

E

ezza

Your welcome :)

Proposal eh? Isn't the now Hubby is it?! :p

@slin1977 that's hillarious hahaha :)
Nono... I would never marry someone for money- but our clients have one thing in common... They don't have -any-. Having just a wee bit more than none... Or at least the promise of a paycheque every month assures me I made the right choice.

E

ezza

Does your dad own a brewery?
My Dad was a Sydney Anglican Priest. He was the hospital chaplain at Concord Hospital for around 40 years. He died 3 years ago. He did love a drink and occasionally brewed his own but nope, no brewery.