Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
The Biiiig Update
A week or two ago now, I was finally able to pick up my Vectra :D because the delivery person changed as the previous one was delivery before opening hours that were plastered all over the front of the shop... lol
My homemade attachment has allowed an easy attachment with a little clear pvc tubing :)
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_20160916_113652_zpshv65noi1.jpg

Even though I'm only running it on the very lowest setting lol I'm really happy with it :) A little bit of filter pad while I have no sock holder helps lol
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_20160925_154101_zpsshrs9jin.jpg

Well Friday was one of the best tank days I've had in a while :D it began with a message to a mate that was simply a picture and the statement "let it begin"
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_20160923_105759_zpsjdwybzlf.jpg
(I think I upset him because he couldn't get away from work haha)

Not only did I get to pick up the fish I've had on hold for nearly 2 months now but I also got to pick the other fish from my list that I've been waiting 3yrs for!
The first little guy I got to to cross off my list that I'm absolutely in love with is my liopropoma susumi!! These guys are nice and cryptic like the possum wrasses I want to add and make for a nice contrast to the out and about wrasse :) My little Susy has taken up residence next the clam under it's mantle :) not a great photo but in the bag before going in.
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_20160923_150837_zpsmq9asv0i.jpg

But that's not all... I picked up one of THE COOLEST fairy wrasse there is and the one I've been holding for some time! Now for the equal best bit! lol the one everyone has been waiting for, the one I've been eluding too but not making any mentions of exact details. I've been very cautious about it because it has cost me an arm, leg and my liver.. I wanted to make sure that things went well when he went into the tank :hmm2: And I'm happy to say he's one of the quickest settling fish I've ever had lol starting smashing pellets within hours even though the longfin was picking on him to let him know who's boss! All aggression is now sorted and everyone is happy :D
May I present to you all my absolutely amazing cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis (Golden Rhomboid Wrasse)!!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_rhomboid2_zps4m7lsa3d.jpg

Funnily enough, this isn't the wrasse I've had on hold for the last little while lol I got in on Friday morning and low and behold there was another one in the stock tanks!! He was half the size of the other guy and a quarter of the colouration as he'd only come in the night before and so he was a little pale and still is a little pale as well but given a month or two he will be even more colourful :D
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_rhomboid_zpscra5s8lx.jpg

I'm happy to report that everyone is happy and settled and my wrasse tank is looking very nice lol
My sweetie earmuff is still going strong too!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_earmuff_zpscfsgdaeg.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_earmuff2_zpsxpjn8m2q.jpg

And while he's a bit of a prick to the carpenters sometimes the longfin is still one pretty fish!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_longfin_zpscp7uq77e.jpg

They're all greedy little pigs too! lol
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_groupshot_zpssf4hwbk5.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_trio_zps6y8bnnoc.jpg

Also what's the point of all these updates if there is no decent FTS lol the tank has cleared up amazingly and the sump and skimmer has made a huge difference!! Not long till we really start becoming acro city again!!!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_cleanfts_zpscfbikaan.jpg

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Looking good Dom. Let me know how you rate the M1 over time

Last edited:

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Nice one man, looks awesome!
Thanks Sam :)

Looking good Dom. Let me know how you rate the M1 over time
Cheers Rob :) And so far so good! It's completely silent, super to tune and play with and I can't fault it at all. Given I am running it on the very lowest setting but I have to say I'm glad I got it because it's a huge peace of mind having a high quality pump running the tank :)

Good stuff mate, This tank just keeps on kicking goals!!!:)
Thanks Nils :) It's looking much cleaner that when you were here lol I cannot complain at all!

Hey mate, love it! Maybe put something black around that clear bit of hose, that way you will not get any of that clear off white slime stuff that tends to form on the inside over time.
Cheers Gerhard :) I did think of that but I've got heaps of the stuff and I like being able to see what's going on with the return line lol so I'll just replace as needed I think, unless it gets crazy then I'll cover it lol

suta42

Aug 13, 2011
sydney
Very nice Dom. Now that the wrasses are in, curious if the wetmorella is still as outgoing as usual, or is he a bit reclusive?

Cheers

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Damn, you have EXPENSIVE tastes in wrasses mate. A pair of Golden Rhomboids here will set you back just north of $400. Make damn sure you have EVERY hole on the top, back and sides sealed, those flasher wrasses will jump. I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen them bounce off my screen tops.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Very nice Dom. Now that the wrasses are in, curious if the wetmorella is still as outgoing as usual, or is he a bit reclusive?

Cheers
Thanks Angie :) wetmorella got caught in a powerhead a few months back :( getting a pair of white bands soon though. Susumi is reclusive but getting more bold now that it realises what's going on :) has been exploring the tank in the mornings just before lights :)

Damn, you have EXPENSIVE tastes in wrasses mate. A pair of Golden Rhomboids here will set you back just north of $400. Make damn sure you have EVERY hole on the top, back and sides sealed, those flasher wrasses will jump. I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen them bounce off my screen tops.
You don't need to remind me! :P haha I've got the tank and overflow covered up nicely so fingers crossed we have no escapees lol

Thanks mate, brilliant additions!!!!
Thanks Dave :) I'm super stoked with the new additions!!

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I have a waiting list for Golden Rhomboid wrasses. The Marshall Islands are a pain in my ass. I order 20 pairs and might get 6. Here's a pro tip for all the tightwads, buy female flashers, they'll change in about 6 months. ;) It's quite interesting to watch them make the change.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
You don't need to remind me! :p haha I've got the tank and overflow covered up nicely so fingers crossed we have no escapees lol
I have a customer that put a piece of foam up between his mesh cover and the weir cover to keep fish off the cover. He had a goby die on top of the cover. :(

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I have a customer that put a piece of foam up between his mesh cover and the weir cover to keep fish off the cover. He had a goby die on top of the cover. :(
Spent half an hour last night fishing him out of the weir :rage he won't be doing that again! lol