Tank Journal Archive

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
The hole they fit into is 88mm diameter. Or 3.46456693inches.

As you can see in the pic I measured the internal hole they slide into, just to clarify.
The problem we're running into is most of the manufacturers use a 95mm or 3.75" throat on the bags. If you could find someone with a mill to open that hole up, finding socks will be a hell of a lot easier.

And yes, those Vertex socks are sold out all over the USA.

ViralEntity

Feb 13, 2013
Warragul
I must admit it is the only annoying thing to date about the Reefer. eBay prices are almost $60 delivered per sock! I will be using filter wool until the Vertex are back in stock I think.

Tannum_Paul

Jun 18, 2015
Tannum Sands
The problem we're running into is most of the manufacturers use a 95mm or 3.75" throat on the bags. If you could find someone with a mill to open that hole up, finding socks will be a hell of a lot easier.

And yes, those Vertex socks are sold out all over the USA.
Not really enough meat in the bracket to hold the bigger sock.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Not really enough meat in the bracket to hold the bigger sock.
Damn it!! :mad: I don't have any solution other than try to get those Vertex socks. I emailed a guy I use for some wholesale stuff and he's waiting for them as well. Someone in China has to have them. I emailed a US manufacturer and no response. I sometimes think my emails just end up in limbo somewhere or they're making so damn much money that they don't give a damn about the little guy. What they fail to realize is that a bunch of little guys add up to a few big guys and should be afforded some sort of acknowledgement. If I see anything I'll speak up. I've always used felt socks so I'm out of my depth here.

ViralEntity

Feb 13, 2013
Warragul
Thanks @ReeferRob I appreciate the effort. I am surprised someone hasn't jumped onto this, they seem like a popular tank and the few people I have chatted to either don't use the socks any more or are covering them up. Always the same story, can't find them or they are too expensive to keep stock of.

Tannum_Paul

Jun 18, 2015
Tannum Sands
Yeah, cheers @ReeferRob!

Totally agree that it is weird that no china company has started mass production! Pathetic of Red Sea too not to have made them standard size or have them in stock.

Seems like these whole RSR tanks was a rush production thing! Running out of stock before they even released them, Asia pacific having to waiting 6 months to get first shipment and running out of stock again for Asia pacific, out of stock and irregular size, no one happy with the ATO system.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I think some of these companies do it so you have to use their product. Someone will come up with a cheaper solution or the Chinese will make one to fit at 1/10 the cost.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I'm trying to find a local reseller so I can go look at them and see if I can come up with a solution. The only place that sells them is one of the people who pissed me off and made me get back into transshipping and I'm killing his business by selling to the public 3 days a month so I'm a persona non Grata there, lol. I measured the ones I have here and they won't work.

ViralEntity

Feb 13, 2013
Warragul
I'm trying to find a local reseller so I can go look at them and see if I can come up with a solution. The only place that sells them is one of the people who pissed me off and made me get back into transshipping and I'm killing his business by selling to the public 3 days a month so I'm a persona non Grata there, lol. I measured the ones I have here and they won't work.
Again, really appreciate the effort. Pity your in the states - but we can't all be perfect;)