Tank Journal Archive

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
The End Is Near
Well looks like this is where this TJ is going too end. Just about everything is under control in the tank, everything is up & running with minimal problems or upkeep. Only foreseeable problem we have in the future is Moo. Bugger is still growing so we are now making plans to shut this tank down.

Come August 2015 we are hoping to have a new bigger tank installed & running. Thant's the time frame I'm working on anyways. This is going to a bit of a mission so trying to stick to said time frame might become an issue but hey, that's life lol.

We will need to cull alot of the corals in the move, the Zoa's are becomming weeds & only a few will be going into the new tank, same with the morphs. So keep an eye out for when we put them up somewhere lol.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Definitely exciting news! If I can help in anyway sing out. I can't wait to see the new tank! It sounds amazing, Dave has been giving me some updates lol

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Thanks Oscar, all moral support accepted on the day lol. I think even my arse will fall out lifting this one.

Hey Dom, not for awhile but will yell out when the time is closer, thanks mate.

Not as big as we wanted to go Shane, but finding someone will to build what we wanted was proving difficult. Still, this one is going to be 12x4x2.5 on a 14ft steel frame. Should see Moo out in comfort.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Thanks Oscar, all moral support accepted on the day lol. I think even my arse will fall out lifting this one.

Hey Dom, not for awhile but will yell out when the time is closer, thanks mate.

Not as big as we wanted to go Shane, but finding someone will to build what we wanted was proving difficult. Still, this one is going to be 12x4x2.5 on a 14ft steel frame. Should see Moo out in comfort.
freakin whoa, is this why you asked about acrylic tanks a while back?
how did the ebay guy go?

E

ezza

I'd happily come down to help if I was in a position to be able to (help in some capacity that's not lifting). I can't believe how big the tank will be. It melts my brain!

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Thanks Sam, think we might need a few hands on install day lol.

Yeah Lance, I sent him an Email & the quote was between $19000 & $21000 USD landed. Bit of a reach for us lmao.

You could be chief director & coffee maker ezza!

E

ezza

I am a qualified Barista! I only ever get to make coffee for myself though. I'll mark it down and hope to be there. We'll see what happens with my body between now and then.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
fr
Thanks Sam, think we might need a few hands on install day lol.

Yeah Lance, I sent him an Email & the quote was between $19000 & $21000 USD landed. Bit of a reach for us lmao.

You could be chief director & coffee maker ezza!
freaking hell, you want is direct pipeline to gold coast for auto water changes for that price.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Damn, that's a lotta coin for a tank. Acrylic isn't cheap no matter where you get it and it's funny because most of the cost in it is transportation.