Tank Journal Archive

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
The End Of Another Year.... Thank God The Tank Is Sustainable
I have been really busy over the last few months and my initial addiction to reefing has slowed over the last 12 months to a point of just enjoying the scene and scape. I cannot remember when I last purchased a coral and it must be years since the last fish. Plus as a hardware junkie I have seemed to of stopped..

The tank this year has been awesome and very stable, I would suggest if not for the Auto Water Change I may of shut down my tank.

So thought I would document my routine:

Tank 400 litres 5 '
1 x MP10WES 1 x MP40WES
2 x 6100 HV GHL Lights

Continuous : Tunze ATO pump using profilux
: Ozone addition to skimmer intake 10~20 mg / 6 hrs a day

Daily : 7 l auto water change using profilux
: 2~3 ml redsea NoPox
: Seachem Trace (2 x 10ml / week) & Plus ( 2 x 10ml / week) I dose on alternating days- 3 days no dosing at all
Thanks to @daveH for the Seachem tip :)

Dosing : Randy Dosing of 3 elements
: Addition of 40ml / 2l of strontium in the Calcium
: Kalkwasser using tunze inline ATO reactor

Weekly : Change 200micron filter sock, nylon mesh type is easier to clean
: Clean tunze 9410 skimmer cup ~ 200~300ml skimate.
: I may use a small scoop of reefroid twice a week if I remember.
Weekly task takes 5 minutes :)

Monthly : Change rowaphos -Using Innovative marine reactor (only need 3 tablespoons)
: Change passive carbon bag (Using Kens carbon)
: Quick scrub of float switches with toothbrush to insure no buildup
: Top up 2 part containers
: every 2 months I clean the Vortech wet side, vinger dip of 2 hrs and clean as a whistle.
Monthly tasks take 15 minutes. Innovative marine reactor is super simple as you just lift out the inner chamber without disassembly.

2016... I will just continue my routine, Would like to get one of the newer Vortechs MP40wQD to repalce my MP10WES and an upgrade kit for my MP40WES

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
@Agent M -Innovative Marine, great idea, however did forget for a moment that the recirc pump failed soon after I bought it and electrocuted me.. :eek Was purchased locally and had an australian pump/plug etc... So I had to fit another small pump. Maybe it was just bad luck