Off-Topic

Oceanarium

Nov 8, 2011
Perth
I have no idea what the fish was the shark ate, just saw the vid on FB.

I had one do it to me once it chased the fish up after i pulled it out the water in a 14ft tinny and dam near tipped it over hitting the side on the way back down. I can assure you i had a few moments chilling on the floor of the tinny after that. :p

Oceanarium

Nov 8, 2011
Perth
I bet you had to change your daks when you got home too. :p
Sure did :eek

Was out fishing this weekend and a sea puppy wanted my burly pot. Very friendly, gentle as took some food from the hand. Sneaky too I lifted the pot out the water and he kept sneaking in while we were not looking to try steal it off the side of the tinny.
htc 520.jpg
Also found some nice lobster dinner on the weekend :p
htc 492.jpg

Attachments

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
The worst thing that ever happened to me was a 400kg Blue Marlin rammed the back of the boat and drove its bill about 30cm through it, scared the hell out of me.

Oceanarium

Nov 8, 2011
Perth
Yikes, you would not want to be in the way of one of them.

I have had a few moments of one kind or the other leaving me heart pounding in the floor of the boat. I think my worst was herbing along on a flat calm morning day dreaming in a 16ft Quintrex out at Dampier when all of a sudden a manta went vertical several meters out of the water right in my path.

About all i had time to do was look up and go "ohh shit" it came down on the bow smashed the window twisted the hull and nearly sunk the boat.

I still to this day have a clear vision of that manta hanging mid air above me, very close call it dam near squashed me.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Yea, I've had my share of oh shit moments at sea, the Marlin was one, a customer on the boat decided he was going to be Mr. Tough guy and wrap the harpoon line around his wrist after I harpooned a 400kg Swordfish and then there was the idiot that wanted to pet the Tiger shark before we released it, damn near lost her hand at the shoulder, lol. I've had mullet jump in the boat, but no Manta rays.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I was reading this story a few days ago (from the US) ...

The seal grabbed his hand along with the fish and dragged him under water - I think there was something like 20 stiches in the hand :eek

ai.imgur.com_y79k1ej.jpg

Oceanarium

Nov 8, 2011
Perth
:D Nice, a guy caught a 60lb mackerel here this week and landed it on a yak. brave boy to pull those razor teeth between his legs :p

Nice weekend fishing great weather here and lots of fish. Been getting into soft plastics a lot lately. Surprised just how well they work once you learn how to use them. Caught 12 species on Saturday.

E

ezza

oh how cute are seals?! they do look exactly like doglets :) now i'm getting all mushy i need to go cuddle my baby.

erin who hasn't been fishing since the years were BC... Before Child. my brother in law, niece and nephew are heavy into it and catch some amazing fish. oh to live in sunny QLD!

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
There's NO WAY in hell I'd bring a Mackerel on a yak with me until I clubbed into submission, no way, no how!! Maybe he wanted a do it yourself vasectomy or castration, lol.