Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
ahahahaha The selfie!! :D :rofl:D

You're going to love the skimmer though, it is one wicked beast and so dead simple to maintain! :)

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
ahahahaha The selfie!! :D :rofl:D

You're going to love the skimmer though, it is one wicked beast and so dead simple to maintain! :)
cmon, look at that seahorse! as if that doesn't look badass haha. and yeah Dave at deer park was saying how easy it is to clean. getting the weir cover hopefully on Friday so the tank should be filled by the end of the week :D :D

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
cmon, look at that seahorse! as if that doesn't look badass haha. and yeah Dave at deer park was saying how easy it is to clean. getting the weir cover hopefully on Friday so the tank should be filled by the end of the week :D :D
Oh it's a wonderful seahorse :P
Yeah I love it, I seriously can't fault it! Allows me too feed reasonably decently while being able to maintain healthy sps colonies and frags so that must say something (even though I on;y have it in a 2ft cube :P waaayyy overpowered!)

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Oh it's a wonderful seahorse :p
Yeah I love it, I seriously can't fault it! Allows me too feed reasonably decently while being able to maintain healthy sps colonies and frags so that must say something (even though I on;y have it in a 2ft cube :p waaayyy overpowered!)
haha wow a 2 foot cube?! thats insane! your water quality must be insane!!!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
haha wow a 2 foot cube?! thats insane! your water quality must be insane!!!
haha yeah a little bit of overkill but I had planned it that way, I wanted to keep a decent amount of fish and not compromise on the water quality because I set the tank up with full intention of sps heaven :D

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
haha yeah a little bit of overkill but I had planned it that way, I wanted to keep a decent amount of fish and not compromise on the water quality because I set the tank up with full intention of sps heaven :D
and how is "sps heaven" going? i cant wait to get my tank cycling!!! gahhh its been so long in the making haha. you would probably have the same amount of litres as me in your tank though wouldn't you?

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
and how is "sps heaven" going? i cant wait to get my tank cycling!!! gahhh its been so long in the making haha. you would probably have the same amount of litres as me in your tank though wouldn't you?
Yep, 200L DT and a 50L sump so same water volume! Sps heaven is going great!! I have growth on everyone and starting to get some really good colours starting to come through so I'm not complaining! I might start doing a KoralColour dose midway between WC's now that I have quite a few sticks in there and some monti's. I really REALLY love acro's :P haha Just waiting for my Acropora Echinata to start colouring and be happy again, still a little pissed from the shipping. One of the ones from @Elite Corals but it's already showing some PE so I guess that's a huge plus :D

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Yep, 200L DT and a 50L sump so same water volume! Sps heaven is going great!! I have growth on everyone and starting to get some really good colours starting to come through so I'm not complaining! I might start doing a KoralColour dose midway between WC's now that I have quite a few sticks in there and some monti's. I really REALLY love acro's :p haha Just waiting for my Acropora Echinata to start colouring and be happy again, still a little pissed from the shipping. One of the ones from @Elite Corals but it's already showing some PE so I guess that's a huge plus :D
how do you get Elite corals to ship to you? i want some of their gold spot morphs on their website but it says there is no shipping available? and yeah i will definitely be having more sps in this tank. ive got the scape for it :D

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
how do you get Elite corals to ship to you? i want some of their gold spot morphs on their website but it says there is no shipping available? and yeah i will definitely be having more sps in this tank. ive got the scape for it :D
In a huge over-the-top Styrofoam box with plenty of airbags and padding so really wickedly packed and $25 for overnight from QLD. Just send him a message and ask about it, he'll really take care of you, really good business and bloke to deal with! And sps are the way to go :P