Tank Journal Archive

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
The Most Stressful Day (moving The Bastard)
Step 1: madly empty tank and inhabitants into buckets/tubs/spare tanks etc.

IMG_0041.jpg

Step 2: make lots of mess
IMG_0044.jpg

Step 3: Obtain van, pick up tank with help from wonderful prior owner. I'm skipping a whole lot of fun carrying the thing down flights of stairs.
IMG_0046.jpg

Step 4: make more mess

IMG_0049.JPG

Step 5: obtain friends with muscles. Ply with wine and cheese for helping with stressful lifting.
IMG_0050.JPG

Step 6: madly scape and fill tank:
IMG_0051.JPG IMG_0054.JPG

Step 7: Add in poor corals and fish at 2am and slowly bring the water back up to the right temperature. Sleep for 2 hour bursts due to anxiety over if things will live through the night.
IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

Weeks later, finally plumb sump after not being able to put it off any longer. (Give up on cable control for now, one battle at a time):

IMG_0090.jpg
IMG_0092.jpg
IMG_0094.jpg

Finally: Sit back, and hope for the best. Oh, and do lots of small water changes!

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
No matter the size of the tank its always stressfull but that looked like a big job! Glad it all seemed to go well for you, btw if there isn't a mess you just aren't doping a tank move :-)

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Thanks Les, it's always worth it the effort as now I can forget the trauma of the move and enjoy the tank :)

Bdear22

Feb 11, 2013
Newcastle
Haha are all the labels for your dummies guide to saltwater aquarium? Are they occies or percs sitting in the refugium? So you did kind of go two bommies ;)

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Haha are all the labels for your dummies guide to saltwater aquarium? Are they occies or percs sitting in the refugium? So you did kind of go two bommies ;)
Absolutely - the partner benefits from labels.
As for the clowns, on inspection I believe they are true percula clowns (Amphiprion percale). I kind of went two bommies, I didn't have the right rock at hand as it's mostly large bulky flat pieces. Most important is there's lots of swimming space still, and the anemone is happy where it is. :rofl

Bdear22

Feb 11, 2013
Newcastle
Haha now he just has to read the books :reading
Yeah that's awesome, always wanted percs or a perc and snowflake pair but stuck with the occies for now. Yeah well it's still looking awesome! Should put a FTS up now that it has cleared up :D

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Haha now he just has to read the books :reading
Yeah that's awesome, always wanted percs or a perc and snowflake pair but stuck with the occies for now. Yeah well it's still looking awesome! Should put a FTS up now that it has cleared up :D
He pretty much reads the more scientific sites like advanced aquarist as he gets the chemistry behind it all better than me (he's an organic chemist by trade).
I'm actually just sorting through some photos to post up. They turn out very blue with the T5s so I'll have to fix em up a bit.