Tank Journal Archive

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
The Move Begins
Saturday is going to be the big day. The stand on the 57 rimless is starting to collapse so I'm going to transfer those critters into this tank and the 130D is going to be put in the 57 when I build a new stand, that'll be when I can stay on my leg for more than an hour at a time.

So right now I'm doing a couple of large water changes on the existing tanks and saving that water for the swap.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Yea, it's been sitting here in the living room for a month, lol. We looked at the bottom of the 57 stand yesterday and saw what's happening so the move is happening this weekend. I have everything here for the swap so we're gonna do it this weekend.

Last edited:

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I finished cutting out the stand and put in the plumbing kit today, tomorrow's the big day. We did a 25 gallon change out of the 60 cube to use in my tank so I'm not dumping 50 gallons of new water in there. I'm going to use the sump that I have on the 57 for right now, I have to cut down a tank and build the trickle filtre. Yes, I said trickle filtre with a twist, stay tuned to this channel for further updates on the 1980s meet 2015. ;)

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
The move is complete, only took 3 hours to finish. If the water clears off this evening I'll shoot some pictures. Damn this thing has a LOT more room than the 57. Anyone have any thoughts on a tang in this tank? There are some really tiny Powder blues coming out of Kenya right now, 4-6cm, decisions, decisions, decisions. I left a channel around the whole outside of the tank.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Broke the tank I was going to make my sump out of so now I need a new 29 gallon. As promised, some pictures:
ai.imgur.com_A9aMW1g.jpg
ai.imgur.com_fGW7FvC.jpg
ai.imgur.com_RG8s5tN.jpg
ai.imgur.com_95TNrY7.jpg

My free bubble coral that was probably 75% dead, it's come back to about 60%.

ai.imgur.com_ch4JPRC.jpg

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Had a small diatom bloom the last few days, Fu was happy about the extra chow. The little bit of Bryopsis is dying off too.