Tank Journal Archive

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
The New Cube
Finally, after a year of looking and having tanks sold out from under me I got a Cadlights 50 gallon Starfire cube with the stand and sump for $250. I'm going to take the 130D out of service at some point because it's damn near impossible to take photos in it because of the scratches. Even in manual mode they show in the photographs. The 130D is alive with Aiptasia and I'm torn between throwing it all into the new tank and getting a Copperband to help the Berghia do them in or wait till the Berghia do their thing. I also need to add an outlet to the one that's there to handle the tank, currently, there's a cord running to the kitchen to power the 130D since we moved it from its original spot. Right now, I'm going to add an outlet to the existing one and go from there.
ai.imgur.com_h43xXCb.jpg

ai.imgur.com_QPNBHed.jpg

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
Looks good Rob!

Im sure you know the saying, slow and steady wins the race :)

Btw, what goes in the cage, furry or feathered?

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
No, the 2 newest pups are trying at times. M came home today and found this, lol. Moosh with the cheesy poof container on his head.

ai.imgur.com_pWsy3pE.jpg

OK, assembled the skimmer and I'm gonna start plumbing it in tomorrow. I'm going to make a manifold for the 2 reactors in the tank.

Webb

Sep 21, 2014
Slow and steady is definitely the right way.
Had to rush move a tank last weekend due to the start of a crash from kids pouring food into the nano the night before. It wasn't fun.
Plus you'll want to flush out the new system, get the water cycling and try out some scapes if it's bigger than your last tank. Easier to due without stressing the livestock when its empty.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Manifold is almost done, I need 1 more valve and another T plus 3 more 45s. You never have enough shit when you're plumbing, lol. I should know this, my dad is a master plumber. Of course, he's the one doing the plumbing for me since I'm busy as hell right now and I blame him for not having what we need. :D

I need to put in a double box here so I can plug everything into that outlet and run another dedicated 220V line over here because there are a few things that I want to try that are only available in 220V. In a week I'll have an Aussie plug next to my computer. There's an old coax outlet there that's getting changed to that. 12/2 wire for that because ZOMG 220VOLTZ0RZ!!!! For those that are unaware, we have 110V 60Hz here in the US for most home power.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Liking the sounds of this one Rob!
Before you know it you'll be having prawns on the barbie, in an Akubra while drinking VB haha the transformation all starts with Aussie plugs :p ;)

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Got the extra ball valves, gotta finish putting the manifold together. I'm building one for the 93 as well because there are a few things that I want to add to the tank and not have to add any more electricity usage. I have the space on the DC6000 for these things since they'll only use a small amount of flow, another 5-600l/hr.

It's been storming here all damn day, 12cm of rain and another 4-5 forecast for tonight. I think Noah just sailed by, lol. This is the first time in 20 years where I haven't had to irrigate crops, I've only fired up the irrigation pumps twice this year just to make sure they work. Last year I pumped in excess of 12,000,000 gallons onto the fields from the settlement ponds.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
We're in a holding pattern until the weekend. Too much shit to do right now. I got the manifold done, need some hose and to destink this stand. It smells like a French whorehouse, lol. Dunno WTF they used on it, but damn it smells. :dead

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I'm going to give the Berghia nudibranchs another week or 2 to do in some more of the Aiptasia. They're starting to multiply in HUGE numbers and the Aiptasia are slowly disappearing.