Tank Journal Archive

BooY

Aug 10, 2011
Birkdale, Brisbane
The Plan
So back in 2009/2010 my partner and I decided that we wanted to live on an acreage block. Along with this we planned to design the house with a large reef tank to reside within.

The plan is to have a 14x8x3 tank in the wall view able from the kitchen, study and living rooms.
The tank will be a powder coated steel frame with 3 starphire panels for viewing with the back and base being ply and abs plastic welded as per tank builders recommendations with an external weir on the back..

It will have its own equipment room where most of the equipment. a quarantine and frag tank will live.
The whole system will be plc controlled, will be powered via is own DB and have a backup generator.

The original plan can be found http://www.thereefuge.com.au/threads/daves-nano.347/ in the archives section

This plan has changed slightly since its original design. The house was redesigned and is now currently being drawn up officially ready for council approval.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I don't blame you for wanting to live on acreage - are you wanting the full bush experience or do you plan on using the block in other ways?

BooY

Aug 10, 2011
Birkdale, Brisbane
no real plans for the main part of the block at this time, we are looking at cleaning up the front so that just the larger trees remain and grass grows around them, then full cleared for about an acre between the house/sheds etc then the back just clean up the lantana and have the bush backing on to the property

BooY

Aug 10, 2011
Birkdale, Brisbane
Have starting doing some renders of the tank to nut out ideas of how things will be laid out and installed both within the tnak and the fish room,
I'll use this section of my journal to update these ideas as I go through the process.

to start with, here is a quick tease of the current idea for internal flow.
adaveshotit.com_photo_house_Plan_tank_TANK_CL.jpeg

Primary will be 4 CL pumps that will alternate (2 on 2 off) to create a gyre type flow in either direction around the tank.
More to come.....