News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
The Reefuge Shops - Now Open (in BETA 2)
Hi everyone,

I am very happy to let you all know, that the shops are now open. Please keep in mind this is in beta, and there are a few bugs that still need to be fixed (but do not worry, it is internal issues only, money and accounts are safe).

Firstly I would like everyone to click here and fill in their shipping details. There is a little issue happening, that if you decide to check out and your details are not filled in, it comes up with an error (it should be readable, but that will get fixed soon).

Once you have done that, you are free to trade on the online shop. Please keep in mind the rules posted earlier. They can be found here.

There is nothing listed at the moment, but as shops start filling it up, and users trading on it, you will be able to find more products.

Please keep in mind, that as bugs are found, the shop will go down from time to time until it is running smoothly. Once that happens, the shop will go to gold version.

Thanks.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
First product listed, nice one!

TR - I find it odd that there is no seller info on the listing. I can see how the seller described the product and presumably the picture if there was one, but I have no idea whatsoever who is selling. Do you plan a seller rating/feedback system also? If not I fear this system could be up for abuse, or skepticism stopping use. I'm not sure I would use as it stands ...

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
First product listed, nice one!

TR - I find it odd that there is no seller info on the listing. I can see how the seller described the product and presumably the picture if there was one, but I have no idea whatsoever who is selling. Do you plan a seller rating/feedback system also? If not I fear this system could be up for abuse, or skepticism stopping use. I'm not sure I would use as it stands ...
Hi chimaera,

Nice catch. I will fix it up asap.

Thanks.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I may have misunderstood the intention of the shop - my understanding is that this is primarily aimed at businesses.

If members have something to sell they can still use the Buy/Trade/Sell forums.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I may have misunderstood the intention of the shop - my understanding is that this is primarily aimed at businesses.

If members have something to sell they can still use the Buy/Trade/Sell forums.
My understanding was that the shop would replace teh BST forums, or at least the S. And the fee should be 0% for normal members, there's only a fee for business.

Now whether VaultBoy would qualify as a business is another question ...

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi everyone,
Correct, for users it is free to trade on. Only businesses will get charged a 3% fee.

Thanks.

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
Just a had a look through. Its great but what I wanted to know is, will the State buy and sell forum still be available? If not will the e-shop have ability to sort out all the listings into state/cities etc?

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
The trading forums will be open as usual. There will be one main difference though, and that is that items will need to be linked to the sellers page on the shop. For example.

"John" has a heater to sell. All he needs to do is add the heater to his shop, and then create a thread in the correct b/t/s forum with a link going back to his listing in the shop. This way, users will be able to pay directly if they choose to do so.

Anything posted in the b/t/s forums must be listed on the shops, or else they will be deleted.

For the time being the shops are free to use for both businesses and users. Soon, it will be a 3% fee for businesses. For users it will always be free.

Thanks.

newbiereef

Nov 8, 2011
gracemere
one sugestion
have links on side like this

pumps (3)
skimmers (5)

to show how many adds are listed in each cat just a sugestion u can throw things at me if u dont think its a good idea :-)

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi newbiereef,

That is a great idea. The shops are just off the ground, so we need to get the main things working correctly first. Once that is completely running perfectly, we can look into adding extra features.

Thanks.