News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
It's huge =0(
Hi chimaera,

It is actually only 728px wide. It looked very messy sitting on its own so now it sits in a div with the same background colour. This will keep things looking neat and the ads will not be out of place.

Thanks.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Yeah the div makes it look big and bulky ... probably doesn't help that this example is dark and stands out so much on the clean white background.

I was expecting a banner at some point (this site needs to make you some money after all), but was envisaging a Full Banner rather than Leaderboard, and ideally integrated with the current header to lessen impact on usability. So option 2 below (ie the banner sites next to the menu, beneath the logo). Or, if you are sticking with the leaderboard beneath the menu, can you align the logo and menu so not as much space is taken up? At the moment the content starts way below half way down the page with all of the headers above, so that could help. (just thought of another alternative, full banner above the menu, to the right of the logo).

ai49.tinypic.com_2jfyjht.jpg

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi chimaera,

The navigation will be moved higher as on the main site, but there are some other things that need to be done first that need issue testing. Good feedback though.

Thanks.

Reactions: MTG

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I noticed the logo has lost most of its 'clickability', except the top quarter. Would love that restored as it's my way 'home'!

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi chimaera,

It is a trade off between the responsive navigation and the logo being clickable. The logo itself is clickable, but the text unfortunately is not. You can still use it to get to the main page by clicking the "R" icon.

Thanks.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Not in Chrome at least ... only the very top of the R is clickable. Just checked in IE and the whole area (including text) is clickable.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi chimaera,

It must be a browser issue handling the coding differently. I will see if it is possible to do something slightly different.

Thanks.