Tank Journal Archive

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
The Stand
Gonna get the stand put together today, stained, urethane tomorrow and Tuesday if the weather holds. Pics later.Historically this week is one of the hottest for us. June has been ANYTHING but hot. It's been the wettest on record, 35.5cm of rain to date and they're calling for more tomorrow.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Stand is together and stained, I'll shoot some pics when the urethane is dry. It was an ABSOLUTELY beautiful day here, low humidity and 22 degrees, life is good.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Coat 2 is on, if the fumes have dissipated by the weekend, Mr. ritteri, Sarge, Spot and the Bopsy twin are gonna have a new house over the holiday weekend.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Petco is having a $1 per gallon sale until August 8th so I picked up 2 40 breeders and another 29 for a sump tank for the 93 cube. I'm going to pick up 4 more 40 breeders and make 2 quarantine systems, 2 banks of 2 tanks plus the sump for my personal stock, 1 coral and 1 fish. 40 breeder tanks are 900x450x400mm. 1 36w UV on the fish system to keep them separate in the event of something getting through.

A friend of mine who was in the business for years when I was back in the 90s just lost EVERY fish in his 180 reef tank because he didn't quarantine. He had some very rare and expensive specimens even at wholesale prices, $6700 worth of fish gone in 4 days, I don't want that to ever happen again. I want to make a system at home for my personal fish so I don't have to tell customers those animals are sold and my old reefing friends will be able to pick fish from that system.