Tank Journal Archive

jart

Apr 10, 2015
The Tank Is Here!
Exciting days! Earlier this week I got to start the next chapter in my reefing adventure. Picked up my new-to-me tank from a fellow member here who had upgraded (really nice guy with a great "new" tank - you know who you are, a huge thank you from me, especially for the zoas).

It is going to be hard to go slowly and take my time, but that is the intention. I have most of my equipment list sorted and on hand and an idea of how things are going to proceed, so let's see how things actually pan out.

A couple of pics of the base of my new setup. Initial jobs to do: give everything a thorough cleaning, do a leak test on both sump and dt, wash the second 20kg bag of calgrit (a pain in the neck, literally), and figure out how I want to clad the stand (then paint and clad it).

ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b137_jshowyin_Fish_20Pics_20__20Sh925203e60eaabee3d80511051e0536c1.jpg

The planned setup at this stage is (going to pinch the MASA tank journal template):

System Objective/Type:
2015 - Virtually a FOWLR, with happy and healthy fish, plus the few corals I currently have
2016 - Once the tank has matured and I have returned from a multi-week family holiday, we will see about ramping things up (likely end game is a mixed reef with mainly softies and LPS and a few SPS if the tank parameters and flow are good enough)

Display System:

Strike up Date: May-15

Display Tank: 90 x 90 x 46cm shallow "cube"

Display Lighting: Maxspect 160W 16K LED + secondary source TBA

Sump: 3 chamber, 60 x 60 x 35cm

Refugium: TBA

Refugium Lighting: TBA

Support systems:

System Water: NSW

Display Water circulation: 2 x Jebao WP-40, 1 x WP-25

Return Pump: TBA

Skimmer: H&H v1601

Evaporation Top Up: Tunze ATO

Reactor: IM Minimax Desktop with Rowaphos

Chemical Support:

Calcium Addition: Not at moment

Alkilinity Addition: Not at moment

Other Chemical Maintenance: Not at moment

Current Water Chemistry: not wet yet
Nitrates:
Phosphates:
Alkalinity:
Calcium:
Salinity / Specific Gravity:
Magnesium:

Living in my current 2ft cube:
Current Inhabitants:
Fish & Inverts:
* 1 x Yellow Clown Goby
* 1 x Citrinus Clown Goby
* pair of Ocellaris Clowns
* 1 x yellow assessor
* 1 x Coral Banded Shrimp
* various snails

Corals:
* cushion coral
* green scolly
* purple green hammer
* various zoas
* various morphs

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Your going to have some happy fishies. :) Well done very organised !