Tank Journal Archive

FishBitch

Feb 3, 2016
The Wait Is Almost Over
So I tested my water and everything seems to be coming along nicely. Ph was a bit low so I picked up some new marine Ph buffer and have been dosing that for the last couple days.

I went to my LFS to get my water double checked just in case I made a mistake and they came up with the same readings, also picked up a few friends to get a head start on my CuC. Introducing Hermes & Hommus the hermit crabs!!

I also decided to do a bit of a rearrange of my scape (seriously underestimated how much effort it would take to rearrange it but i think it payed off) as well as 40-50% water change before putting the little guys in.

Pretty happy with where I'm at now and cant wait to get started with some fish and corals next week! working on putting together a good clean up crew so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to help out!

Day 22.JPG Hermes.PNG

Last edited:

Oceanarium

Nov 8, 2011
Perth
Exciting times :)

Most people don't try chase PH in a marine tank just keep the ALK in check and PH should follow. Ph can be quite dynamic through the day and night cycle so its easy to start chasing your tail.

Clean up crew to start with should be kept minimal till the fish and wastes increase. At this stage some small algae eating snails would be good. Latter when your looking at fish a few dog snails will be greatly beneficial.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I would recommend a number of small turbo snails - they will eventually breed in your tank, although your hermits may take a liking to them if they are not well fed.

I would also steer clear of the PH buffers - you will have better things to spend your money on !!